Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Christmas ads - its the first week of November and already the 2nd week of ads

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Don't know what the ad is for, but it starts of with an organ grinder playing "Morning has Broken" as an alarm as some pretend sleepy cow says "Barry, Barry, turn off your alarm...."
    I never got any further than that.

Ad currently on Newstalk about generic medicine from Clonmel Healthcare or somesuch.
    But it has this ubiquitous oul wan with a voice that goes thru ya informing us
    "I trust my kids, I trust my doctor, I trust Clonmel healthcare"
    " Ask you're doctor for generic medicine from Clonmel...."
    :(
    "Ask me bollix"
    Oh and for good measure, this needs to be revisited.
    It's almost 2 months on the air now, and this woman is not getting any easier on the ear!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,188 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Don't know what the ad is for, but it starts of with an organ grinder playing "Morning has Broken" as an alarm as some pretend sleepy cow says "Barry, Barry, turn off your alarm...."
    I never got any further than that.

That would be mcdonalds actually kind of like that Ad and want the ringtone :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Tropical Medical Bureau
    or the Tropikell Medikell Buuuuuurow
    - this guys voice should be banned it's horrible, heard it on some TV ad recently nearly died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I f*cking hate that "PROSTATE - There I said it" add ...

STFU , or i'll stick the radio up your f*cking prostate !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Every single one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

My God the latest ad on WLRfm pretending to do the "Xfactor" show whereby they criticize all the other stations in the latest Jnlrs.What pompous nonsense, they themselves are a pathetic station with amateur presenters and cringe adverts, not to mention (I just did:p) all the silent spots among other mistakes they make.

Yeah I know thats what adverts do, blow their own trumpets, but they have bad points too.So when you hear this ad, spare a thought for me blowing a gasket with steam coming out my ears:D

Super Valu
    " I always buy (titter) Free Range Eggs...."
    WTF is so funny about that????
    And "I like my steaks cut...ehm,... a little...ehm.. thicker"
    Oh, it's soooo uncomfortably hard to say that isn't it?:mad:

That one with the mobile alarm going of for MacDonalds breakfast menu .... seriously I just want to smash the radio and the f*cking actors in that one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

That cycle shop ad "our prices can't be bet" is an affront to the ears. I'll refuse to buy anything from them out of principle.

I trust .... my kids .... I trust my Doctor .....

SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

dango wrote: »
    That cycle shop ad "our prices can't be bet" is an affront to the ears. I'll refuse to buy anything from them out of principle.

Eurocycles Eurobabies prices can't be bea'
    For bicycles and things with wheels and stuff for babies, yeh

In fairness to them, Eurocycles have a long track record of deliberately crap ads to grab attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

In fairness to them, Eurocycles have a long track record of deliberately crap ads to grab attention

Yeah I know and I remember reading how deliberate mistakes can be used to make the ad particularly rememberable. It just means I'll remember not to shop there in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

This time of year usually sees the return of the much maligned 'Goat' from Bothair. Has anyone heard him yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭mackerski

This time of year usually sees the return of the much maligned 'Goat' from Bothair. Has anyone heard him yet?

Not so far this year. Does "he" still expect to provide a whole village with milk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mossy2

That would be mcdonalds actually kind of like that Ad and want the ringtone :-)

I like the cheesey mobile alarm "Morning has broken" midi. I just have to switch over however just before "Borry, Borry, turn off your olorm"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Thanks Lemsip for encouraging me to look at your competitors. The woman in the ad has that same overly-sweet condescending tone which reminds me of Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter books, or some Iona wanker.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Has he been on yet
    Has he been on yet?
    Etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thanks Lemsip for encouraging me to look at your competitors. The woman in the ad has that same overly-sweet condescending tone which reminds me of Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter books, or some Iona wanker.

The main issue I noticed with that ad was it suggesting you needed to use Lemsip if you "had sinuses". Last time I checked I always had sinuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"Dear 30 year old me.........."

Feck off :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

"Dear 30 year old me.........."

Feck off :mad:

And it's in every single add break too. So annoying. I especially hate the one with the 'loooodicris' plan to smuggle the kitten into an art gallery. What the hell is that all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Radio5

Heard an Ad on 4fm encouraging us to get our home heating oil from Cora Boyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭serfboard

mossy2 wrote: »
    "Borry, Borry, turn off your olorm"
    Yeah. Trying to get the D4 types to eat in McDonalds ... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Duaghter - "Dad, who does your windows ?"

And the response I'd like to hear

Dad - "Oh FFS you silly bint, you've been phoning me up with that same frigging question for years now and I'm sick of repeating myself.
    I thought it was my age that suffered memory loss, Get stuffed".

Slams down phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Aviva 'Metalhead' ad - 'if you loves me metul like I's loves me metul'.

Somebody please PM me the contact details of the individual members for whoever is responsible for this ad, so I can punch them square in the face. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The Aviva 'Metalhead' ad - 'if you loves me metul like I's loves me metul'.

Somebody please PM me the contact details of the individual members for whoever is responsible for this ad, so I can punch them square in the face. :)

It's Mario Rosenstock. It's always Mario Rosenstock. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The one with Christy Moore at the moment. Jesus Christy put a bit of enthusiasm into the fecking thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Q park.ie.... Wtf?

the_monkey wrote: »

SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!

I trust..(plink plink) ..my kids....
    Arggghhhhh
    medium_homer_screaming_in_stress-146x100.jpg
    Get your fcukin nose cleared out!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I've sure it's mean mentioned loads of time but Jesus Christ I hate the McDonald's breakfast ad with phone alarm!!! And even worse they want me to hate it, they want me to remember it. CURSE YOU MCDONALD'S!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiler Durden

Even you mentioning it there put the tune in my head, you bastard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I have to say, I've laughed at the Axa ad where the guy assumes a parachute will open on his skydive but it's going to be a plastic bag because he went for the cheaper package! I'm sure I'll be sick of it this time next week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I've sure it's mean mentioned loads of time but Jesus Christ I hate the McDonald's breakfast ad with phone alarm!!! And even worse they want me to hate it, they want me to remember it. CURSE YOU MCDONALD'S!!!!!!
    Its a plinky plonky Morning has Broken . cat Stevens might come over and blow us all to smithereens LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gloveworm

the_monkey wrote: »

SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!

She really reminds me of Brick in Anchorman, as if she's just saying whatever she's seeing at that moment.

http://youtu.be/gId6nrMDmUU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"I can't add for peanuts" - that definitely won't help, but you are having trouble with subtracting (and percentages).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Panto ad with Rob Murphy as Buffy - he needs to be forcefed his own faeces.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Was does he pronounce Nadia Forde and Brian Murray the way he does? Is there something wrong with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭hughjohn

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I have to say, I've laughed at the Axa ad where the guy assumes a parachute will open on his skydive but it's going to be a plastic bag because he went for the cheaper package! I'm sure I'll be sick of it this time next week though.

I agree.Usually I hate all ads with a deep passion and as soon as I hear one that annoys me I make frantic stabs at the radio to change station.
    This one is different , just strikes a cord with me and I actually have a little smile to myself when I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiler Durden

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Was does he pronounce Nadia Forde and Brian Murray the way he does? Is there something wrong with him?

I thought that was Ian Guider.

It was the "Tanks a tausand" bit at the end made my mind up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

FunLover18 wrote: »

It is by far the most annoying ad on the radio. I have to switch stations when it's on- I know it's only a minute or so but I just can't handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Birkinlady

Who even says things like this? Needs to eat his own faeces??! This is clearly someone who is already in the business and is a very jealous unsuccessful sob case or hasn't a breeze about pantos/comedic performances! Bore off you bore!

Birkinlady wrote: »
    Who even says things like this? Needs to eat his own faeces??! This is clearly someone who is already in the business and is a very jealous unsuccessful sob case or hasn't a breeze about pantos/comedic performances! Bore off you bore!

Touché. I mightn't know much about panto but I know a brutal ad when I hear it. Besides it was a joke - if your that easily riled by it your in the wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Birkinlady

Touché. I mightn't know much about panto but I know a brutal ad when I hear it. Besides it was a joke - if your that easily riled by it your in the wrong forum.

I understand if the ad wasn't your cup of tea and you want to make a joke about it, that's grand, we all have, but telling someone to eat their own **** is just simply grotesque!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Touché. I mightn't know much about panto but I know a brutal ad when I hear it.

Oh No You Don't!

Birkinlady wrote: »
    I understand if the ad wasn't your cup of tea and you want to make a joke about it, that's grand, we all have, but telling someone to eat their own **** is just simply grotesque!

Life is grotesque

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I'm ok with it for now but I suspect that Des Kelly ad will gradually get on my nerves as time passes...

"OK, We're going to the cinema. We're going to buy food and popcorn from the guy in they funny hat. Let's do this!!!"
    So, let me understand this.....if you go out and buy a brand new car for nearly 20 grand your going to be able to afford to go to the cinema because you have just SAVED MONEY!!!
    How does that work...?

Oh and this will not be popular but has to be said.
    Micheal o Muiriheirteaigh stepped down from broadcasting in 2010 or something. Us non-GAA lovers breathed a sigh of relief.
    But since then, he's on every Movember & Blind charity ad on the radio assaulting the eardrums.
    "Kal-ose-ur-highs"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭ofcork

Think the idea is the car can be bought for 141 euro per month so its cheap.

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    Think the idea is the car can be bought for 141 euro per month so its cheap.

ahh....NOW, I see!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement