Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live through laptop wireless connection

• 29-10-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I bought Orange box last week, almost finished HL2, and last night tried to play some Team Fortress. The thing is I can’t play for more than 3 minutes without Xbox live disconnecting. If I wait few minutes, I can sign back to live. There is nothing wrong when I use media centre, it can stream music or videos for hours and never disconnect.

I connect xbox to my laptop using ethernet cable, to get it online.
    I was playing online before, with no problem, but I was using Vista. Now I have XP back on and its impossible to play, even if I manage to stay signed in for few minutes, the lag is unbearable.

I am hoping someone here could give me some advice.

Oh, and my NAT is open, and IP is dynamic.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Sorry to hijack this thread but i just want to know exactly how to connect my 360 to Live through my laptop. I have the free live thing that came with PES2008 and wouldnt mind trying out Live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Sounds like your laptop wlan connection is dropping out after a few minutes, either this is some strangeness with your router.

Does live work properly when directly connected to router ?

If it does, then the laptop wlan connection is the issue, disable power saving or similar if it's available in the settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VeeGo

I was thinking it might be something wrong with the router. My tv is fixed to the wall downstairs and the router is upstairs, so i can't connect it directly to xbox. Another thing is that live doesn't disconnect untill i join a game. I have power saving turned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

process of elimination, thats why I suggest testing it directly through the router , perhaps you can borrow a tv for this.

If it works 100%, that would verify that the router is fine...

A different angle would be to open something which requires a connection on the laptop, say an Internet radio stream...

Leave that running, and connect to Live and see if it dies after 3mins, if it doesn't then it's an issue with the laptop wireless knocking out due to (perceived) idle connectivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VeeGo

Thats a good idea, I will try that tomorrow and post it here if it works (or not). Thanks zabbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

buy the wireless usb connector - it is very good

Advertisement