Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Jericho- A Lions Tale

• 29-10-2007 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

I'm about a third of the way through the book and so far it's brilliant. Often when I read bad autobiographies let alone wrestlings ones, there's a lack of authenticity about them in that you just know that the "author" spent a few days talking into a recorder and then someone wrote it up for them.

This book is totally not like that. You can tell he put a tonne of work into it and some of the stories are just gold so far.

Another thing I like about the book is that it includes extra little things like the Hart family wrestling school ad at the time, a letter that the head trainer sent him and an eerie photo of a bunch of wrestlers at the Owen Hart funeral.

You can get the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Lions-Tale-Around-World-Spandex/dp/0446580066

Also Bret Hart's book is available now on Amazon Canada. I've heard that the tone of his book is very different but it's just as much a must read.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Yeah i'm dying to get a copy of this, has anyone seen it in shops anywhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

amull87 wrote: »
    Yeah i'm dying to get a copy of this, has anyone seen it in shops anywhere in Ireland?

I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but am on the look out for it. It usually takes a few months I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

How did you get it so soon Vince? Amazon inform me that I should have it between Nov 3rd and Dec 14th, which is ambiguous to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

any word on jericho doing a signing for this?
    Im currently readying Eric bischoffs book and im hoping to pick up this one next.Im also eager to get my hands on bret harts book

Edit:I just bought the book from amazon.com for a total of $25.13(about 18 euros).Cant wait to get it!!DONT buy from amazon.co.uk.....its a rip

This is a description of the book for anyone that is interested
    This funny, insightful and compulsively readable autobiography by professional wrestling superstar Lion Heart Jericho matches fellow wrestler Mick Foley's bestselling Have a Nice Day! Jericho reached international stardom after joining the media juggernaut World Wrestling Entertainment (formerly WWF) in 1999, but this book neglects his many accomplishments since then, such as his legendary same-night defeat of wrestling powerhouses the Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin to become the WWE's first undisputed heavyweight champion. Instead, Jericho recounts the fascinating story of his early years—in effect, a short history of world wrestling trends since 1960—from his brutal early training in his native Canada through finally being invited to join the WWE. Jericho ignores or glosses over controversial topics like steroid use, preferring to keep things light and cheery. His hilarious and detailed descriptions of his many bouts, especially his 1995 calling card match in Japan before 10,000 fans, will leave readers hoping for a sequel. (Oct. 25)
    Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

From reading that alone it does seem very different to bret harts book

• Advertisement

amull87 wrote: »

If you really want it soon then alot of bookshops will order it in for you if you ask them to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Double C wrote: »
    How did you get it so soon Vince? Amazon inform me that I should have it between Nov 3rd and Dec 14th, which is ambiguous to say the least.

I just ordered it off one of those "used and new sellers". Got it in a bout 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

God bless advanced copies, a lot of people sell theirs on Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc and as a result, it's easier to get book out sooner than usual.

VR!

Advertisement