Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS3 regions?

Options
  • 29-10-2007 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm just curious, I don't plan on doing this or anything but, if I were to buy CS3 in the US and then brought it back to Ireland to use on my Ireland bought Mac, would it work or are they in regions like DVDs?

I have googled this a few times, and looked through the Terms and Conditions and while the T&C say it could be against some US act to bring it over here, it doesn't say it won't work.

That said, if it does work, I don't suggest anyone do that. Of course not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Creative Storm

As far as I know regions only apply to Video DVD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

I ended up calling them and teling them that I had bought a Mac in Ireland but am moving home to the US in December (which isn't true but I am going home for a visit...).

They told me that if I was buying European software to use on a US machine in the US then I would need to get a new code from Adobe after I bought the product to make it work. However, if I have a EU bought machine and am using US software then it should be okay.

I'm not sure if this means that if I use the software in the Ireland on an EU machine I will need to get a new number or not. I'm guessing it does. This didn't sound like a huge problem, though.

Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Advertisement