Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What sorta bike would be best suited for me?

• 29-10-2007 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm a complete newbie bout bikes. I'm 20yrs old, 5'5'' short and i never rode one in my life but hey, everyone starts off somewhere!

Lately, even more after these new driving regulations, i've been interested in getting me a bike to get around town in. I'ld like to get a 125-600cc(restricted obv) used sports looking bike.

So i've been wondering what bike would be best for me to start off on considering my height and even insurance costs. I wouldn't mind spending a descent few grand on a good bike and insurance.
    And i don't really know anyone who rides a bike... So this is sorta the place which can help me out!

Comments

Look up the Suzuki Bandit or Yamaha Fazer. Both are 600cc machines and are available restricted so you can drive them on a provisional licence. Because you are under 25 and it would be your first bike your going to take a hit insurance wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

any idea how much the insurance would be???

Haven't a clue. It depends on age/experience/licence/ where you live etc.
    There's only a handful of companies who insure bikes so it won't take you long to ring around:
    AON
    Quinn Direct
    Carole Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

if its any help, i was quoted €2400 from quinn for an nsr 125.
    im 18 on a provisional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Thanks for the info guys....
    But i was mostly concerned bout my height...
    Being 5'5'' i'm not very tall so would that sorta effect the choices i've got??
    I'm not interested in those tall touring/trailies anyway...
    I'm more into the 600cc sports bikes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm more into the 600cc sports bikes...

Triumph Daytona's are tiny, 675 ccs and sound amazing.
    beautiful beautiful bike.

Shame you won't be getting one though.

Harsh dose of reality check for you. What you want, what you are allowed to drive, and what the insurance companies will ask from you are three very different aspects of a simple non linear equation, the results of which are basically governed by your ability to pay €.

Advertisement