Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maddest TD Ever!

• 29-10-2007 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

1st post here...Not a huge football fan, but came across this from a college game on my travels. Never seen the likes of it...They could show the Irish rugby team a thing or two!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbblLniZbdk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I thought it was a case of when the time runs out that that's it, that they don't wait to finish the play. am I wrong, or are they more lenient in college football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

As I said I'm no football genius but afaik, once its snapped before the time expires the play is good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

Nice awareness and positioning by the team. But it was made possible by inept defense as much as anything else. Not bad for gridiron but it wouldn't pass muster on a real rugby pitch. Must've been exciting and unexpected for the fans at the game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was gonna post about this, saw it on espn.com... That is all sorts of mad, kinda like "The Play" or something for D-III...

Really inept defence though, that play should have ended a couple of times...

Great way to win a game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Great TD... Anytime I have watched college football, I have seen a lot more likeness to rugby tactics and play. It'd be great to see that type of stuff in the pros...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

lol mad stuff indeed.
    love the commentry like th e sky sports fanzone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He said there was 2 seconds to go?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The-Rigger wrote: »
    He said there was 2 seconds to go?:confused:

See post #3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

zuutroy wrote: »
    See post #3

oops, ty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The-Rigger wrote: »