Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorhome levelling

• 29-10-2007 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the motorhome and noticed it looks front heavy so i put a level on the table inside and it is!!

Is this normal? I know people use the leveling ramps when they park up on an uneven surface but if you park on a pefectly level surface would you still have to level up the motorhome?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Wait until you've got all tanks full of water and all your gear inside ..that high back might just come down a bit. :D

In all my years spent camping on campsites or "wild", I'm yet to discover a perfectly level pitch ...so a bit of a lean on your vehicle might actually work to your advantage if you know how to utilise it.

I do carry those little ramps, but I have to say I hardly ever use them. A bit of lean is livable with and in most cases a bit of maneuvering back and forth lets you find a spot that's agreeable without those ramps.

(they are bit cumbersome, I find. They either sink in; zingg away from under your tyre while you're driving up, hitting innocent people in the head; you drive that mm too far up and fall down the other side; or you forget about them the next morning and come off them with an almighty thump :D)

Seriously ...get yourself a small stick-on level for somewhere in the cab and keep an eye on that while parking up and you will hardly ever need those ramps.

wasserwaage.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I have to buy the motorhome first!:D Tho the stick on level would be cheaper though!

The water tanks and diesel tank are closer to the front of the motorhome so I guess maybe that why its nose down.

Thanks again. It's been a weekend of learning for me!

Advertisement