Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AJAX Code nightmare

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

musician wrote: »
    Just checked there - Home Directory tab - click configuration and you will see a list of file extensions. .asp should be linked to asp.dll.

The asp.dll file is there

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Lads... this just sounds like a permissions issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Nah permissions would give a 403 error or similar types of errors not show the ASP code in the browser..

1. Do you have Anti virus software running (with script blocking or something similar)
    2. Is ASP.DLL registered
    3. Is it being used for all verbs for the ASP file types

Did you check out those links i posted earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭FindingNemo

have you checked your .net configuration. go into admin tools, .net configuration, list the assemblies and make sure AJAX is registered ?

• Advertisement

Its classic ASP not .NET

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

back up a bit
    try http://yourcomputername

if IIS is installed correctly the you will get a "Welcome to IIS" page.

if you don't get this reinstall IIS.

If you do get this create a simple page with the code below call it test.asp
    and see can you navigate to the page. If you can you should see hello in the middle of page. At this point you know IIS is working and ASP pages are processed correctly.

[PHP]<%
    Response.Write ("HELLO")
    %>
    [/PHP]

next step is to test you asp page
    so navigate it to passing in any parameters
    and see what happends
    if it works great you have a problem calling it from JScript
    if it doesn;t you should get an error

post the error here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think we've been through all that. It does not seem to be parsing the asp script. Read above and you will see this. A re-install of iis might be in order.

I reinstalled IIS and remove security related functions in the Directory Security because i could not run iisstart.asp because it was asking me for a password and username now it does not it produces an error page - The page cannot be displayed HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

Looked at the resolution to the problem on microsoft website confused same error message when i try to run my test website asp not, a html webpage is showing fine

The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
    Permission denied: 'GetObject'
    /localstart.asp, line 40

Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)

Page:
    GET /localstart.asp

Time:
    Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 9:14:00 PM

More information:
    Microsoft Support

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭FindingNemo

I ran the site on the IIS server in college a works perfectly I want to thank all those of you for your very much appreciated assistance.

Advertisement