Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Active Directory Install on Windows Server 2003

• 29-10-2007 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

i've been trying to install active directory on windows 2003 server, after i run the "dcpromo" command i get the following error:- "active directory cannot be installed on this windows 2003 server operating system." and the install stops.

I've googled the error message and can't find anything on it, which i thought was surprising....

Has anyone else seen this error?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

What version of Windows 2003 server are you using. AD cannot be installed on Windows 2003 Server Web Edition as far as I am aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Very True.

FYI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, i'm running the full version of windows 2003 server...

I've just done a clean install, and service pack2 needs to be installed on it, which i'll do later...

DD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Which version of Windows Server 2003??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Is this the first DC? Also where is DNS point at for this wannabe DC?

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies....

I wanted this server to be the DNS server and the Primary domain controller...

I'm beginning to think that what i want to do is not possible... It's an Iomega 200d NAS device, that runs a version of windows 2003 server, but there isn't much documentation out on the net about it... when you read up on it says "supports active directory", but i don't think it's capable of being a PDC, i presume this is part of the licensing deal that iomega done with Microsoft...

Thanks again,
    DD

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

the iomega runs windows storage server

Dont know much about it, but I assume it's a stripped down version of server 2003 and can be made a member server in a domain and use AD for authentication only

the iomega runs windows storage server

Dont know much about it, but I assume it's a stripped down version of server 2003 and can be made a member server in a domain and use AD for authentication only

yep thanks that looks like the problem....

If i was to setup a ubuntu server with samba, running as a primary domain controller, i presume Microsoft storage server would be able to communicate with this and get all of the permissions ect from the PDC?

thanks again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, pretty much.

Takes a while to get right though.

Advertisement