Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a dell in the end O:

Options
  • 29-10-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Ok as im not the best at building i went for a dell that seemed to be ok.

Just wanted to know what ye think :

XPS 720
    E6750 2.66 CPU
    2 GB RAM
    320 GB HD
    8800 GTX
    DVD RW
    Xfi Xtreme
    Windows XP

Got it for 1400 euro.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

just wondering why you didnt go for vista(direct X 10). for gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I play CSS and it doesnt use dx 10 and also it would give me less fps in source with vista

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's like saying you bought a car in Ireland that goes 250mph instead of a car that goes 240mph because it's faster. Basically, crazy talk! If that doesn't include a monitor then it's certainly not a good deal by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Agreed, not the best value for money.

Just priced the same build on Komplett- just under €900 ex a Monitor...

Really with psu and motherboard?

• Advertisement

Just did this up on komplett

Gigabyte Triton 180 Black
    Corsair Powersupply 620W Black, ATX/EPS,
    ABIT IP35-E, P35, Socket-775, ATX,
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.67GHz 1333Mhz
    OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 2048MB KIT,
    XFX GeForce 8800GTX 570M 768MB GDDR3,
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2
    NEC DVD±RW burner AD-7170 IDE Black OEM,
    Creative SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2b
    Stock status: 1 pcs expected on stock 2007-11-05

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Dell were flogging off some of their 700 range on eBay according to this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055170827

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Actually, I've been just reading more into it there. Not a bad deal as I first though, the components inside are actually high quality ones versus the generic, cheaper parts on regular dells. I was just looking at the basic components really in that light, so my earlier comment isn't a fair one. Meant to be heavy though - about 30kg?? Wouldn't want to be trying to carry that around any lans...:D

edit: Though pricing myself on Komplett, I can get the same spec with a Sli board for about 200 euro less, or basically the same machine with a 19" LCD for the same price. But just not as bad a deal as I first thought it was, and not in comparison to what you'd usually pay for a Dell machine of that quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The XPS720's are actually dual 880GTXs. Think the op forgot to mention that.
    From the specs I was seeing in ebay last week they're a fantastic bargain.
    I was looking at one that went for around €1550 which had Q6700,Dual 880GTX,2 gigs ram, 2xdual raptors and 600gig drive (think it was 300gigsx2) and creative X-fi and DVD burner.
    There's nowhere you can buy the above spec for that price.

ok............ canceled that dell.. will wait to see what comes about on ebay or maybe this : http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=35378&cat=8

• Advertisement

If that was actually dual 8800GTX's to boot you actually cancelled a bargin. You should have given the full, proper spec's in the first post :D

it wasnt dual 8800 gtx only 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

For the love of god, don't buy a gtx! The 8800gt 500Mb (on sale in europe any day now) is just as good, and half the price.
    Unless you get a dual gtx setup cheap from the dell outlet, of course. Think they're all gone though :(

Advertisement