Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Ripped off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

pm. wrote: »
    its about 10 miles from me to and i taught he was sound, look what happened to me !!!!

i have never been, i dont think i will now

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

this is my two cents worth, ive been dealing with dave for 4 years now. whenever i had a problem - like fitting a picatinny rail to my new t3 left handed he spend two days sorting out the sako part number and ordering it. even after we got it in wrong twice. he charged memthe cost price of the rail too - he showed me the invoice from ardee. my stock on my cz17 had to be lengthened and he put a lot of time into that for no charge also. when i buy a carton of 223 ammo (25 boxes) he gives me 2 free. i have yet to find a better dealer.

im not standing up for the man but i have nothing but good to say about him. also my frined sent his marlin 17 semi auto to be threaded in daves and his gunsmith damaged the barrel. dave gave nim the full new price of the marlin as a trade in against any rifle in the shop - we took an ansuhtz 17. which i think was very sound and a lot of other guys wouldnt do.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

P.M. Gun dealers have been bumping up the value of trade-ins against bumped up new prices for years. The truth is that the arse has dropped out of the secondhand hornet market, everyone switching to .223 has meant that hornets are not very saleable. I don't think the issue is the price of the new gun, it's more to do with the value of your old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

macnas wrote: »
    P.M. Gun dealers have been bumping up the value of trade-ins against bumped up new prices for years. The truth is that the arse has dropped out of the secondhand hornet market, everyone switching to .223 has meant that hornets are not very saleable. I don't think the issue is the price of the new gun, it's more to do with the value of your old one.

i know the fella bought the hornet he paid €970 for it the day after i traded it in and if you look here http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_24&products_id=21 you will see the sps is only €750 mac bride sells them for €800 and dave sells them for €960, so my issue is with both the new gun and the value he gave me for my hornet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

He must have been wearing a mask, name & shame, that might stop it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

If you get proof of quote i would't see a prob with naming

on the other side Mossberg .22lr c.20years old, will shoot .5MOa at 50 is only scrap value, ie he will throw it out for free,

He just said to be sure you bring all the bits in when you scrap it, the pin sights, swivels and that stuff ;)

maglite wrote: »
    If you get proof of quote i would't see a prob with naming

on the other side Mossberg .22lr c.20years old, will shoot .5MOa at 50 is only scrap value, ie he will throw it out for free,

He just said to be sure you bring all the bits in when you scrap it, the pin sights, swivels and that stuff ;)

If it's in good condition it would be sold on, I guarantee it, if only for small money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

No matter what you are buying, you must be aware that an item is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. If you only go to one shop to price something, then that is the price to pay. In this day and age, with the internet and forums like this , you have no excuse for not shopping around or at least getting an informed estimation before you commit to buying.

If I was a retailer and you came in, and I quoted you a price, and you bought, why should it worry me if , when you went to the range somebody said you paid too much.

If you want to buy a house, you do your research beforehand, why not for everything else you buy?

Just because you paid too much does not mean the vendor scre*ed you, it means that you went in, in a position to be scre*ed. Vendors are there to make money not to advise you that your figures are wrong but to make money for themselves.

EMPERATOR CAVEAT

True, but they will find they only have a short term business as one local dealer here found out. Ripping people off and getting found out is not a good advertisment. Shooters know other shooters and they talk to each other, dealers beware

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

tbh i agree with you, but for a lad that called me a valued customer and a lad i trusted i didnt even think about going anywhere but my local gun dealer, and its sad to say that you cant trust a local gun dealer that you have been dealing with for years but the truth is you cant at least in this case.

QUOTE=cantona;54461259]No matter what you are buying, you must be aware that an item is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. If you only go to one shop to price something, then that is the price to pay. In this day and age, with the internet and forums like this , you have no excuse for not shopping around or at least getting an informed estimation before you commit to buying.

If I was a retailer and you came in, and I quoted you a price, and you bought, why should it worry me if , when you went to the range somebody said you paid too much.

If you want to buy a house, you do your research beforehand, why not for everything else you buy?

Just because you paid too much does not mean the vendor scre*ed you, it means that you went in, in a position to be scre*ed. Vendors are there to make money not to advise you that your figures are wrong but to make money for themselves.

EMPERATOR CAVEAT[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

its a shame there are not more shops using the internet, im sure duffys gets a lot of business as a result, and other gun dealers may be completely unaware that they are being discussed here...

Advertisement