Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Dmark06 and Vista 64

• 29-10-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has ran 3Dmark06 in Vista 64? I can't seem to get it running. It keeps giving me an error about OpenAL 32bit drivers.

Is anyone running Vista 64 managed to get it running?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Works fine for me. But i know the problem you are having. What you need to do, is download openAL And reboot your pc. Tap f8 and in the list highlight " disable digital device driver signing "

You will need to do this every time you reboot your pc, especially if you want programs like coretemp to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

bah I use everest for temp readouts. It gives the exact same results as core temp and a load of other values. It also has a nifty little feature that adds a gadget to the Vista sidebar with all your clocks and temps.

But thanks for the advice on 3Dmark06, but it looks like I won't be running it for a few weeks as my 4GB of RAM has corrupted on me for some reason. Its now failing memtest86 and the built in Vista memory diagnostic. I didn't change any BIOS settings so this has come right out of the blue. Just as I was messing around with the new Crysis demo and sandbox editor :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote: »
    Works fine for me. But i know the problem you are having. What you need to do, is download openAL And reboot your pc. Tap f8 and in the list highlight " disable digital device driver signing "

You will need to do this every time you reboot your pc, especially if you want programs like coretemp to work.

he's on the ball :)

just disable driver signing all the time it makes windwos so much "hassel" free ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

L31mr0d wrote: »
    bah I use everest for temp readouts. It gives the exact same results as core temp and a load of other values. It also has a nifty little feature that adds a gadget to the Vista sidebar with all your clocks and temps.

:rolleyes: I use a gadget like that 2, but it only shows the temps, its deadly. Whats da name of da 1 you use that shows ya the clocks as well?
    Also get system control (allows ya shut down, restart, or open cmd or task manager with 1 click) & multi meter 4 core (shows your cpu load on each core :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yeah multimeter4 is good.

Shame about your ram mate :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Anti wrote: »
    yeah multimeter4 is good.

Shame about your ram mate :(

I can't for the life of me figure out what caused it??? I'd never stress tested when I first got it so maybe it was always broken and is just manifesting itself now. Anyway, I should be able to return it. Plus this gives me a chance to work through the backlog of 3rd person and racing games on my HTPC. Although I was starting to really get into Jericho :(

About the gadgets, yeah I have the shutdown/restart/cmd one, as well as some other ones like clipboard memory and a few other usefull ones. The sidebar is definitely one of the better features of Vista.

Advertisement