Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of buying an M3 any advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Victor_M wrote: »
    As for Dublin 15, I live there, if there are 5 M3's in the whole area I'd be surprised, maybe you just see the same few driving around ;) or maybe Aussie's prefer Holden's to Bm's;)

4 of them passed me on the way from Westmanstown gym to Coolmine a few weeks back - thats a 4 minute drive! And none of them were the ones belonging to people who I know...seriously, I can assure you there are more than 5 of them in the area, there are 4 within 30 seconds of my place including my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

MarkN wrote: »
    My 335's petrol light comes on after 360 kms - 223 in good old miles and the average computer usually sits solidly at 20mpg but having a little fun last week, it dropped to 7 :). It's about €67 quid to fill it and if I'm lucky I get a week out of it. That's all city driving with an auto box and a heavy right foot, the E46 M can't be much worse than my story.

7!!!!???? That's super car territory!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

roffle :D its big engine bmw territory, i can get single figures in my 530i if i really want to :(:D

Cyrus wrote: »
    roffle :D its big engine bmw territory, i can get single figures in my 530i if i really want to :(:D

Well mine must be lying to me so. As stated I do all city driving and I have a heavy foot...23.5MPG (dropped from 26MPG when I got it originally) is what I'm told...have never measured it manually though.
    I'm not in the same territory as the 335 but I have still have a big BMW straight 6. 7MPG seems obscene...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Now in fairness, I had the boot to the floor in manual mode and I was revving it to nearly 7k!! I'm not for one second saying it's like that under normal driving..

• Advertisement

MarkN wrote: »
    Now in fairness, I had the boot to the floor in manual mode and I was revving it to nearly 7k!! I'm not for one second saying it's like that under normal driving..

Ah I see - you were road testing it :D

Advertisement