Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor web texts - only 1 per recipient per month

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 flibz

cast_iron wrote: »
    Why is the Group text so restrictive? The limit of 30 renders it almost useless.

The logic behind it is truly baffling.

There should be NO restriction on the number of group texts - just so long as the 300 monthly total is not passed within the month. And the way the group texts are counted is farcical.

That's one of the things I can't comment on I'm afraid. But for what it's worth, I'm working on it...

F

• Registered Users Posts: 31 springhill6

cast_iron wrote: »
    Why is the Group text so restrictive? The limit of 30 renders it almost useless.

The logic behind it is truly baffling.

There should be NO restriction on the number of group texts - just so long as the 300 monthly total is not passed within the month. And the way the group texts are counted is farcical.

Thanks cast-iron, you have put it in a nutshell. 'Almost useless'
    I had not looked at replies for a few days, and am delighted at the response to my original message re Group texting and it being so restrictive on Meteor, and Meteor phoned me one day, and I put the same question, if one sends 1 Group text to 30 people, have I used up all my allocation of groups for the month, and the answer is sadly yes, 0 groups left.
    It is crazy, but Meteor are so stubborn, they will not change.
    As I have a walking group of 25 people, and i text weekly, Meteor is not for me, so I have to highlight each of those 25 people individually. Luckily I have a spare O2 mobile, and i have resumed sending 1 text to 25 in the group. A pity, because I had been happy with Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

if one sends 1 Group text to 30 people, have I used up all my allocation of groups for the month, and the answer is sadly yes, 0 groups left.
    It is crazy, but Meteor are so stubborn, they will not change.

hmmm I thought with the new setup in the meteor webtext that you could hold down the control button individually select users from your address book and send the same text msg to all of them. would this not help you?

--laoisfan

laoisfan wrote: »
    hmmm I thought with the new setup in the meteor webtext that you could hold down the control button individually select users from your address book and send the same text msg to all of them. would this not help you?

--laoisfan

First of all, this is very cumbersome, lets say you have 100 names, which i have, and it is a bit awkward to click the selected 30 e.g, easy to confuse names and forget. 2nd and more important, it does NOT work on a Mac, and I have an iMac, CTRL does not work. A lot of internet savvy users are Mac users, and growing more popular every day, look at interest in Iphone, iPod, by Apple. So much for Meteor's expertise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

First of all, this is very cumbersome, lets say you have 100 names, which i have, and it is a bit awkward to click the selected 30 e.g, easy to confuse names and forget. 2nd and more important, it does NOT work on a Mac, and I have an iMac, CTRL does not work. A lot of internet savvy users are Mac users, and growing more popular every day, look at interest in Iphone, iPod, by Apple. So much for Meteor's expertise.

is there no way to select multiple entries in a list box on a mac? when programming in visual basic, there's an option to make a list box multi select or not so i'd say its a standard feature of the object that works on a mac but uses a different button to ctrl

• Advertisement

is there no way to select multiple entries in a list box on a mac? when programming in visual basic, there's an option to make a list box multi select or not so i'd say its a standard feature of the object that works on a mac but uses a different button to ctrl

Thanks Commander, you are correct, the OPTION key works, and this is used on Mac instead for a lot of commands , 2 keys to the right. I did try it yesterday and did not seem to work, but following your entry, I sent to 2 numbers and it worked. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

New restriction on Meteor since 26 Oct 2007, only 1 recipient per month, which means you cannot send more than one text a month to same number, so much for group texting. And also Meteor cannot count groups, 300 free texts a month, if you select a group of 30 recipients, when sent zero groups remain,
    and do not send to same person twice in month, it won't get there. :mad:

Where does it say this, i have sent several text to the same number no problems, either as part of group text, or solo text.

Where does it say this, i have sent several text to the same number no problems, either as part of group text, or solo text.

Gerard, it was on Meteor web text page mymeteor.ie, but following a lot of bothered enquirers to Meteor, was removed from Meteor, as one of the contributers has stated above, but it caused a lot of misunderstanding and commotion, and was on Meteor at time I made the claim.

I can confirm that more than 1 recipient can receive more than 1 text per month, but that message seemed to me to imply 1 per recipient per month, just as one was allowed 300 texts a month, and 1 only group of 30 per month.

In response to my recent heading, multiple web texting does not apply to Mac users, that pressing CTRL will not work on Mac, this is the response I received from Customer dont care department from Meteor.

"In relation to your query on free web texts, currently there is an issue with our service and our Technical Department have confirmed that Apple Mac users is not supported while using the Web texts. The only available users are Windows and Firefox."

In fact an Apple Mac user can use it by pressing another key called Command/Apple Key ( Like Control on a PC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 flibz

Yeah, actually it does work on Safair, Opera, IE & Firefox for most users, but for some users we are getting errors at http request level (i.e. transport rather than application errors).

We're working on diagnosing the cause of the problem, but we don't yet have enough information to resolve it.

However, the plan is to continue to support all sensible browsers (including safari, etc). But if you're using a Nintendo Wii or something equally unlikely we won't be guaranteeing anything...

Cheers,
    F

• Advertisement

flibz wrote: »
    Yeah, actually it does work on Safair, Opera, IE & Firefox for most users, but for some users we are getting errors at http request level (i.e. transport rather than application errors).

We're working on diagnosing the cause of the problem, but we don't yet have enough information to resolve it.

However, the plan is to continue to support all sensible browsers (including safari, etc). But if you're using a Nintendo Wii or something equally unlikely we won't be guaranteeing anything...

Cheers,
    F

Yes, I can confirm it now works on Mac on 2 browsers, I tried Safari and Firefox, and hold down Command/Apple key instead of CTRL when sending to more than 1 user. I did receive call from Meteor yesterday enquiring if working yet, and they said they were working on it for the Mac.

Advertisement