Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendations for dvd player!

Options
  • 29-10-2007 11:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Gonna pick up a dvd player for my golf van! any advice?
    looking for one of those 7" flip up screens.
    cheers,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you have a mk4 on Golf, you would fit a fixed screen double DIN sized unit, I'd reccommend one of these over a flip out job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Have a look at Pioneer or Alpine. Excellent quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Defo a kenwood Double Din unit, much nicer to use than a flip up if you have the space which you do.

www.securesounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Definitely a flip out one!!
    Why are people saying double din?

...with the flip out ones you can adjust the angle of the screen to avoid glare (VERY USEFUL). You can have a cubby hole in the other Space. and the screen doesnt get as dirty as it is protected everytime it is switched down.

The Ripspeed units are very good i think (well for the price anyway, especially now considering they have been reduced)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Flip out screens wobble and have been known to give motor trouble regardless of brand. have heard the Ripspeed ones are troublesome (from Halfords staff)

would recommend the Pioneer double DIN's as they have very good mapping for satnav, and the button colours can be matched to the VW interior. they look like original equipment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement