Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu-ray Media PC

Options
  • 30-10-2007 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am looking to build a pc for home that I can hook into my Samsung HDTV.

I have been looking around at different parts and the following apprears to be nicely low cost:

Motherboard ABIT AN-M2HD £55 + shipping from Komplett - This has an integrated HDMI connector onboard that will output at upto 1080p, so no need for a seperate graphics card.

Processor Athlon 64 X2 4000+ 2.1GHz £44.00 + Shipping from Komplett

RAM 4 x 1GB Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2 £108.00 + shipping

Blu-ray DVD Reader (player?) Pioneer 5X Blu-Ray Reader DVD+/-RW int SATA £130.61

This comes to £337.61 so far.

I have a hard drive, and will just connect remotely so I do not need a monitor.

Would it be possible to fit this board in a SFF case? and if so any ideas?

Do I look like I am on the right path for a cheapish system? I could go with less RAM, but I might as well max out the 4 slots. I guess since most of the components are from Komplett shipping shouldn't be too much.

Living in the UK at the moment so sterling conversion isn't an issue.

Has anyone had any experience with the Blu-ray drive? Will it play Region 2, or what ever region it is they have currently placed us in? :confused:

All input is welcome.

Cheers.

Advertisement