Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

On a provisional and been stopped by the Gardai - post your experiences here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

I've said what i needed to say. Your maturity level leaves alot to be desired.

You guys have some nerve talking about maturity when speaking of book throwing to the head, and +1, playground stuff lads. Im glad you feel better now so stop posting shi=te.

I just think hes refering to your age ie 81 which would make you 26 and 17 is the age you can start driving, thats just a guess mind you.

26 - 9 = 17

Yeah he must be, but did he think to ask or even read my posts which he's taken such an interest in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I just think hes refering to your age ie 81 which would make you 26 and 17 is the age you can start driving, thats just a guess mind you.

26 - 9 = 17
    This is what I meant thank you. I did not realise it was such a hard concept to grasp.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    You guys have some nerve talking about maturity when speaking of book throwing to the head, and +1, playground stuff lads. Im glad you feel better now so stop posting shi=te.

Pretty tame compared to the typed diarrhoea you've 'posioned' this board with.

All you have to do is 4 simple things

1) Learn to Drive
    2) Apply for Test
    3) Pass Test
    4) Apply for your Licence

In fairness those 4 steps are not the hardest thing in the world to follow :rolleyes:

1) Learn to Drive
    2) Apply for Test
    3) Pass Test

In fairness those 4 steps are not the hardest thing in the world to follow :rolleyes:

Erm your not the sharpest tool are you?? eh i can drive, very well thank you, i would love the opportunity to prove im probably better than you, keep looking out for those dangerous L drivers while the full licence guy smacks into while your not lookiing, i HAVE APPLIED full stop. I will pass when ever i manage to get my test, and i cant wait to do show to shove it in your self richeous face, mature enough for you? If only it was tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

1) Learn to Drive
    2) Apply for Test
    3) Pass Test

You forgot 0) Stop posting.

Erm your not the sharpest tool are you?? eh i can drive, very well thank you, i would love the opportunity to prove im probably better than you, keep looking out for those dangerous L drivers while the full licence guy smacks into while your not lookiing, i HAVE APPLIED full stop. I will pass when ever i manage to get my test, and i cant wait to do show to shove it in your self richeous face, mature enough for you? If only it was tomorrow.

So when you pass, you suddenly a danger then? :rolleyes:. Oh and its spelt righteous by the way. But i wouldn't mind being richeous , might be able to buy a nice car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

hmm... I can see some warnings coming...

back on topic which is about being stopped by Gardai while on a provisional licence.. Has anyone since Monday? Are they any stricter with regard to being accompanied?

Thanks, your spell checker must be working.

Yes it is, but i prefer to use something called 'Education'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Just to prove the point, yep, im gonna smack straight into you guys once i get the full licence. Thanks, your spell checker must be working.

That's a good idea. It would be terrible for you to break the habit of a lifetime and find yourself obeying the law after you get your license.

• Advertisement

givyjoe81 wrote:
    Originally Posted by
    Just to prove the point, yep, im gonna smack straight into you guys once i get the full licence. Thanks, your spell checker must be working.

I see you deleted your reply.. Probably just as well..The mind boggles.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

You still havent grasped it though have you? You seem to have had the privelage of reading my insighful posts so should have been aware that i only have my licence six months? Look before you leap.
    I knew you only had you licence for 6 months, my point was you could have had it a long time ago.

MrP

MrPudding wrote: »
    I knew you only had you licence for 6 months, my point was you could have had it a long time ago.

MrP

Well then you have no point at all, you were trying to imply that im lazy and others have tried to, that im riding the system. Simply not the case. Why would i get a licence when i couldnt drive and couldnt afford to either.

Lads seen as the moderator is unwilling to do anything about the never ending arguement here how's about we stop it ourselves, i began deleting my posts as they have nothing to do with the thread, so perhaps you should do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Was driving for roughly a year on my first provisional, in that time I got stopped around 4 or 5 times.

Only things that caused a problem was my driving in the bus lane(which I got ticketed for), and my not having tax at one point. Never had L plates on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I hope it drives you mad, take a run and jump, whinging my ar se. Il do the test when the gob shi-tes in the RSA are kind enough to sort out waiting list get their act together and open more test centre's not closing them.

As a matter of interest - have you actually applied for your test? Or are you taking a moral stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

mise wrote: »
    hmm... I can see some warnings coming...

back on topic which is about being stopped by Gardai while on a provisional licence.. Has anyone since Monday? Are they any stricter with regard to being accompanied?

NO! The law was amended - they can't take action against unaccompanied 2nd prov drivers until next summer!

I'd love to see what would happen if someone was brought to court. I can't see a judge convicting anyone if they were "caught" before next June.

eth0_ wrote: »
    As a matter of interest - have you actually applied for your test? Or are you taking a moral stand?

Yes i have applied!! But havent been able to confirm whether is booked or not, got an error message in my email, rang them, got a number which is constantly egaged, then i hear the tallaght test centre is closed(i applied there). So yes i have applied but dont know whats going on as i cant through to anyone who can help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Sorry... I should have been clearer with my questions.. I meant all provisional licence holders apart from 2nds. Are the Gardai cracking down more if they stop them unaccompanied at a checkpoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

mise wrote: »
    Sorry... I should have been clearer with my questions.. I meant all provisional licence holders apart from 2nds. Are the Gardai cracking down more if they stop them unaccompanied at a checkpoint?

In theory. There is a lot of talk about it. I personally havent seen proof yet though.

edit: another remark like the one I have just deleted will earn you a banning!

Jumpy wrote: »
    In theory. There is a lot of talk about it. I personally havent seen proof yet though.
    Sort of like givyjoes driving ability

get over yourself will you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kelly1979

Seriously enough of the personal attacks!! Back to subject people!!
    I'm driving 7months and was only ever stopped at a checkpoint once. I was driving alone with my L plates clearly displayed but was never asked for my license.
    I'd say we'll know by Christmas how seriously they'll intend to enforce this, at least their clamping down on the drink driving! (sorry am going off topic myself now this is infectious)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

the tallaght test centre is closed(i applied there). So yes i have applied but dont know whats going on as i cant through to anyone who can help me.

Ah, there's your problem. You can't apply to Tallaght!

"When you have the application form completed, please forward it along with the correct fee to the addressgiven below. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within two weeks, please contact the Department toconfirm your application has been received. Driver Testing Section, Department of Transport, Government Offices, Ballina, Co. Mayo"

http://www.drivingtest.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Got pulled over twice on Saturday gone, in Tallaght @ 6am and then between Killucan and Blessington @ 3pm.

Am on my 2nd provisional, breathalised 1st time, license, tax & insurance checked both times. No L plates up for an unbelievably convuluted reason which I explained to the Guard both times, which they accepted.

They advised to make sure the L plates were up in the future and in an extremely friendly manner asked if I'd applied for the test.

Second time they had a line of young male drivers on either side of the road and a bunch of L plates showing. A lot of glum faces there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Please stay on topic and stop bickering amongst yourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lads seen as the moderator is unwilling to do anything about the never ending arguement
    One of the Moderators has just got in from work - the mortgage doesn't pay itself! :)

MrPudding
    eringobragh
    Jumpy
    givyjoe81

Tone it down lads, and stay on topic. Personal insults achieve nothing. Try to be somewhat constructive!

Thanks.

WA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

You guys will be glad to hear that i passed a checkpoint the other week after the rules were introduced, and nope, they didnt fine me. Thank god for COMMON SENSE.

This is good news

did you have your L plates up?
    what provisional are you on?

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Ah, there's your problem. You can't apply to Tallaght!

"When you have the application form completed, please forward it along with the correct fee to the addressgiven below. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within two weeks, please contact the Department toconfirm your application has been received. Driver Testing Section, Department of Transport, Government Offices, Ballina, Co. Mayo"

http://www.drivingtest.ie/

Cheers for that, i applied online and today got my confirmation in the post, it doesnt say anything about the test centre being closed. I did read a post somewhere saying that it was closed, the lease had run out something silly.

PS Did anyone see questions and answers tonight? Im quite confused.

okcomputer wrote: »
    This is good news

did you have your L plates up?
    what provisional are you on?

Yeah had them up, was on my own, my heart sank, no job at the mo and was on my way to an interview, thought i was in for it. They just stopped to look at tax and insurance and waved me on. Dont think i had my licence on me, took it out of the car for the first time since i got, thought i was gonna get screwed big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

I'm on first prov & was involved in an incident last week (not my fault btw) Gards came to the scene & asked to see license - only asked had I applied for the test which I have. I had my L plates up by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

RIRI wrote: »
    I'm on first prov & was involved in an incident last week (not my fault btw) Gards came to the scene & asked to see license - only asked had I applied for the test which I have. I had my L plates up by the way.

well looks like we are all in the clear then till June (pretty much) :)

Good tip would be to
    • Have your L plates up
    • Have you provisional licence with you
    • Say you have applied for your test
    • I'll be leaving my letter confirming my test date in the glove compartment

Advertisement