Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrybank Shopping Centre

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Excellent find Paddy. It looks well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Is that a big tv on top of that building, nice.

First im hearing about this Ferrybank shopping centre, wouldnt be all to familiar with Waterford, there building a few big ones in Limerick at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Is that a big tv on top of that building, nice.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it being there when the project is finished. These renders never seem to be quite the same as the finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

looks like we are getting a snowboarding shop too... 'Burton'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

that cant be ferrybank ,too many slim attractive people in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

edmund_f wrote: »
    looks like we are getting a snowboarding shop too... 'Burton'...

That'd be a clothes shop ;)

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=12551&catalogId=20553

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

SUNGOD wrote: »

That can't be Waterford or the South East for that matter. Maybe the artist thought Ferrybank was in ze south of France? :D

tonc76 wrote: »

Is Burton actually lined up for the place, or is that just artistic licence?

I suppose a more complete question is whether there is any list of shops lined up, or is it too early on for that to have been decided?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

and no sight of a hoody and tracksuit bottoms:D

"Is Burton actually lined up for the place, or is that just artistic licence?"

wasnt there a burtons down town years ago . i seem to remember the old expression " go way boy or i,ll throw ya through burtons window "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

fricatus wrote: »

QUOTE]
    wasnt there a burtons down town years ago . i seem to remember the old expression " go way boy or i,ll throw ya through burtons window "

Yes it used to be at the end of Patrick Street, where Awear is now.

• Advertisement

good stuff bluesfan it must a differant company cos that one was a real old mans shop i seem to remember being bet in to a pair of horrible check y fronts in there as a child, ahh the memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

and no sight of a hoody and tracksuit bottoms:D

Or bomber jackets with pyjama bottoms tucked into Ugg boots :eek:

Not messing... I saw two girls dressed like that the other night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Nice looking spot. Obviously our serial objector didn't mind THIS development going ahead?:confused: If so his lack of consistency is truly astonishing.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Nice looking spot. Obviously our serial objector didn't mind THIS development going ahead?:confused: If so his lack of consistency is truly astonishing.:p

Oh he's consistent alright, he just doesn't object to developments outside the City boundary, aka B&Q development on the Kilmeaden side of the ORR which lies in Co. Waterford and not Waterford City

his anticts are creating a donught City, gong against his ideals of what he wants Waterford City to be:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

I am glad this discussion has turned to the planning side of the Ferrybank shopping centre. Did anyone notice the front of the Ferrybank shopping centre is built right up against the road? The new houses on the other side of the road are the same. If proof was needed that Kilkenny county council only see the area as a cash machine, there it is. That was a terrible planning decision; there is no room now to continue the dual carriageway out from were it ends at the junction at Abbey road. As is so often said about planning in Ireland – were was the forward thinking. It is difficult not to think that Kilkenny county councils policy for the area is to build as much as possible and increase their rate base. This to me is where McCann’s creditability falls apart. If he was really concerned about planning these are the kind of things he would go after. These are the things that cause doughnut cities and doughnut cities are totally at odds with green policies.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

As ferrybank is been by-passed by the new road, I cant ever see them needing to build a dual carriageway along this stretch of road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

You also seem to forget that if a Dual Carraigeway was to go that far, they'd have to build through a Grave yard and a grotto of the Virgin Mary that has been there since 1956. It was never going to happen anyway, as mentioned why by Aquos76 ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

good stuff bluesfan it must a differant company cos that one was a real old mans shop i seem to remmber being bet in to a pair of horrible check y fronts in there as a child, ahh the memories

Was it am old mans shop or were you just really young?:D

I remeber it being a common site in shaws.Parents trying to force their children into clothes and them raising the roof with screams.

I remember the folks trying to force me into a tweed coat in Shaws when I was a toddler. They failed

mad man wrote: »
    Was it am old mans shop or were you just really young?:D

I remeber it being a common site in shaws.Parents trying to force their children into clothes and them raising the roof with screams.

I remember the folks trying to force me into a tweed coat in Shaws when I was a toddler. They failed

ah mad man the sweet sweet memories , probably a menswear shop and we were young cos when i think of it i never really heard of a shop that caters only for old men ( if it did it would just sell all beige or navy head to toe ) back to burtons i remember mothers just holding clothes up against children to see if they fitted them , no such thing as trying things on in our day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

is there any more info on who is going into this new shopping development?? and when is the proposed opening? it really is flying up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

All I know is Dunnes Stores, which is thought to be a 24 hour store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When I was younger, if anyone was in a suit we'd joke about how it would have to be back in Burtons window by morning :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

fricatus wrote: »
    I suppose a more complete question is whether there is any list of shops lined up, or is it too early on for that to have been decided?

Does anyone know of any shops going in ?
    :confused:

Advertisement