Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some advice please...

Options
  • 30-10-2007 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi there all..... only came across this thread recently believe it or not... so well done to everyone....

Im am going to have to commute into Baggot street area and was just wondering is there anyone else who does the same who could suggest the easiest and quickest way to go about it..

I could drive but thinking that would be a bad idea??

would the dart or bus be best?? I just checked out the irishrail.ie website, is it correct in saying that a dart leaves greystones at 8:05, then 8:30 and then not till 9:30???

Im going to have to be in baggot street for 9am mon-fri would appreciate any advice or info please.

thanks in advance.

Lamlit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Lamlit wrote: »
    hi there all..... only came across this thread recently believe it or not... so well done to everyone....

Im am going to have to commute into Baggot street area and was just wondering is there anyone else who does the same who could suggest the easiest and quickest way to go about it..

I could drive but thinking that would be a bad idea??

would the dart or bus be best?? I just checked out the irishrail.ie website, is it correct in saying that a dart leaves greystones at 8:05, then 8:30 and then not till 9:30???

Im going to have to be in baggot street for 9am mon-fri would appreciate any advice or info please.

thanks in advance.

Lamlit

I used to work in Lr. Mount Street, and from my experience here is the options you would have:

1. DART: take 8:05 dart, get off at grand canal, short stroll along the canal to Baggot street. Probably the quickest way and least hassle.

2. 84X bus: goes from Charlesland all the way to town, takes about 1 hour. Check route/timetable on Dublin Bus website.

3. Drive: N11 could be a pain in the neck all the way from Bray into town at times, unpredictable... Also depends on whether you have free parking in town or now.

4. I haven't tried this one on weekdays but it may be worthwhile to check: Drive to Sandyford/Stillorgan (M50), park in park&ride and take the Luas to town (Harcourt or Stephens Green).

5. I also know of people driving to DCU, parking there and taking the bus from there. Haven't tried it myself.

So there...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I wouldn't bother driving unless you can either start early or late. If I wasn't out the house by 6:50, it just wasn't worth driving into town. The Dart sounds like the best option.

Advertisement