Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling Irish mobiles from France

Options
  • 30-10-2007 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

is there a cheap way to call Irish mobiles from France?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Use Skype?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Have suggested Skype, but it's for a fairly uncomputerate type.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There are no other cheap ways I can think of. Skype is a basic program: download it, put in the number, hit the green button. Maybe just show him/her how to use it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Thanks, I'll download it and will show him next time I'm in France. Meanwhile I'm in the doghouse for axing my landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Call shops and phone cards are an option. Have a look at the different phone cards, some have decent prices plus if you have a SE mobile you can enter the call card details into the phone and then use the "call by callcard" instead of normal. Saves having to enter the long code and password everytime you make a call. Don't know of French cards but if you are phoning from Ireland Swiftcall are ok, used them before with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Use what I use...

http://www.lesminutes.com/Cob/lesminutes_uk/HomePage.asp?partner=lesminutes_uk

An hour for €10 to Irish mobiles. The cheapest way though is if you have a telephone/Internet package from Neuf or Free for example.

Advertisement