Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That roundabout at The Pavilions

• 30-10-2007 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

Yesterday I was coming form the direction of the village and made it to the roundabout at the Pavilions - there was a big queue of cars coming from the Malahide Road roundabout going into the Pavilions. I stopped the other side of the yellow box to leave a clear way for cars who were in the right lane coming from the Malahide Road roundabout to allow them go around into the village, while keeping an eye on the car the other side of the yellow box, as soon as it moved I was going to dive in. After all I had right of way.
    But a car on the right lane coming from the Malahide Road roundabout dived in instead, followed by 2 others (monkey see monkey do), blocking the yellow box and any chance of me clearing it. They skipped the entire line of cars, and in their ignorance or pure cheek left me and the queue behind me coming from the village stuck..until I decided the force me way in from the side beeping like crazy, sticking my fingers up going nuts I admit. I know.. bad form, I know I haven't felt road rage that bad in 3 years, but I was so angry..it was mayhem indeed, but I had right of way blocked off by the most ignorant scum of the earth. Anyone else have trouble with this roundabout on a busy day like yesterday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

That'll be the Malahide roundabout.;)

It is a particularly bad one since it has 5 arms. And to top it all - traffic signals.

Take any roundabout (put 5 arms on it if you're real wicked), put traffic signals on it and WHOOOOOSH - complete fcuk-up.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I decided the force me way in from the side beeping like crazy, sticking my fingers up going nuts......
    ...........I was so angry.. ..........but I had right of way blocked off by the most ignorant scum of the earth
    Are you for real???

You complain about the actions of other motorists and then drag yourself way down below their level! Just because you have right of way, it doesn't mean that you may make offensive gestures towards others and engage in dangerous manoeuvres. You were going to a shopping centre - not rushing to the Rotunda!

You have a duty to conduct yourself in a proper manner while driving on public roads. Part of what makes a good driver is the acceptance of the mistakes of others and to respond to those mistakes in a calm and appropriate manner.

The next time you find yourself in a situation like this, pretend that you are doing a driving test and act accordingly.
    T-Maxx wrote:
    That'll be the Malahide roundabout
    The OP is referring to the smaller roundabout at the entrance to the Pavilions SC, not the Malahide Roundabout on the R132.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

T-Maxx wrote: »
    That'll be the Malahide roundabout.;)

It is a particularly bad one since it has 5 arms. And to top it all - traffic signals.

Take any roundabout (put 5 arms on it if you're real wicked), put traffic signals on it and WHOOOOOSH - complete fcuk-up.:eek:

The OP isn't talking about the Malahide roundabout, read it again.

Doh. <<<Gives himself a smack in the head.>>>

Sorry.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

Are you for real???
    You have a duty to conduct yourself in a proper manner while driving on public roads. Part of what makes a good driver is the acceptance of the mistakes of others and to respond to those mistakes in a calm and appropriate manner.

You are right..I was very annoyed. I was prepared for the poor bank holiday traffic, and hard-to-get parking spaces..but I was literally stuck! I couldn't move because of the actions of these cretins, and my brain malfunctioned.
    I got past them though in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 daymoh

Just happened to drive past that roundabout last night and noticed the Gardai put up a sign saying something like "Keep yellow box clear, penalty for blocking it is 2 penalty points"..

Keeping a yellow box clear is mandatory in any case. They simply have to enforce the existing law instead of putting up signs ...:rolleyes:

daymoh wrote: »
    Just happened to drive past that roundabout last night and noticed the Gardai put up a sign saying something like "Keep yellow box clear, penalty for blocking it is 2 penalty points"..

That's good..that's what I was trying not to do, block the yellow box. That's why I was waiting for the opposite side to clear first..but my plans were dashed by stupidbintmobile and co going in from the side taking the spot by driving up to the bumper of the guy the other side of the yellow box from the direction of the Malahide Road roundabout, leaving myself and the others in rightofwaymobiles stuck on the 'Pavilions' roundabout.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yesterday I was coming form the direction of the village and made it to the roundabout at the Pavilions - there was a big queue of cars coming from the Malahide Road roundabout going into the Pavilions. I stopped the other side of the yellow box to leave a clear way for cars who were in the right lane coming from the Malahide Road roundabout to allow them go around into the village, while keeping an eye on the car the other side of the yellow box, as soon as it moved I was going to dive in. After all I had right of way.
    But a car on the right lane coming from the Malahide Road roundabout dived in instead, followed by 2 others (monkey see monkey do), blocking the yellow box and any chance of me clearing it. They skipped the entire line of cars, and in their ignorance or pure cheek left me and the queue behind me coming from the village stuck..until I decided the force me way in from the side beeping like crazy, sticking my fingers up going nuts I admit. I know.. bad form, I know I haven't felt road rage that bad in 3 years, but I was so angry..it was mayhem indeed, but I had right of way blocked off by the most ignorant scum of the earth. Anyone else have trouble with this roundabout on a busy day like yesterday?

I know exactly what you mean, it happens to me all the time. If only people would have manners and operate a system of 'one from one direction then one from the other' it'd be easier, but there's always a few who zoom in as if the shops are going to run out of stock.

I know exactly what you mean, it happens to me all the time. If only people would have manners and operate a system of 'one from one direction then one from the other' it'd be easier, but there's always a few who zoom in as if the shops are going to run out of stock.

Yeah perhaps if they paint a few arrows down it will give the thickos something to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yeah perhaps if they paint a few arrows down it will give the thickos something to go by.
    I'm open to correction but I think that traffic from two lanes (coming from the R132) may proceed into the Pavilions (provided of course, that they obey the normal road traffic bye-laws.

If you look closely at this pic you can see the merger arrows just at the traffic triangle indicating that the right lane must merge into the left. Those merging arrows are after the turn off into the Pavilions.

PavilionsRoundabout.jpg

Advertisement