Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WRC ireland 2007 15-18th November!

Options
  • 30-10-2007 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

http://www.rallyireland.org/

They give a map for spectators but does anyone have the details of the actual stages, and even where the best viewing points would be.

First time going to see a Rally so I want to get a decent spot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Programs with maps should be in the shops soon...so Rally Ireland sez, loads of spectators expected...So allow plenty of time for traffic jams etc...
    Should be a cracker of an event, you could always Marshal at the event and get a front seat, so to speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

More money to be spent.

It will be a case of getting up early and getting there early to get a good view point.

It should be interesting to see how fast they can get those cars going.

The special stage will be Stormont Castle on the opening day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

I think it was in the 'Made about Sport' supplement in last Sundays Examiner. They was definitively something about the rally in it and I'm sure it included the stages.

If you are stuck I can post you the supplement. I hope I can still find it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Any idea what the deal will be with car-parking? Do you reckon people will be offering fields etc. for spectators to park?

Also, realistically, how early should people be planning on getting to a stage before it starts? A couple of hours or something?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You would want to be there a good few hours before the Rally starts.

I think they have a helicopter that flies over the route to make sure eveything is ok, otherwise the stage gets called off so they ask people to be very early.

So, that will be a lunch box job with a flask of tea, and some bog roll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

They have the course cars going through to make sure everything is OK. You wouldn't see much from a helicopter. They'll stop and tell people to stand back or move or whatever and won't drive on until the people comply. Needless to say if there's trouble they'll just radio back and tell them not to start the stage. There's nothing worse than plonker spectators at a rally causing a stage cancellation. Standing on the ditch for ages watching a drive-by. And there will be plonkers in their thousands. Lets hope they have enough sense to stand where they're told.
    Parking will be where you get a space at the side of the road. Forget fields. Expect to get boxed in.

Advertisement