Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC - what spec / hardware issues etc...

Options
  • 30-10-2007 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Well, the slowdown is really affecting my love for PES2008 at the mo, and I want to have my system able to run it well without breaking the bank.

I got a Dell Dimension 5100 (2 years old)
    P4 3GB
    512MB Ram
    6800 256MB nVidia

I can just about get 800x600 on medium, but slowdown affects it too much.
    I've just ordered 1GB of extra memory (I'm an upgrade / IT n00b!!).
    Will this make a good difference do you think / does anyone have a similiar spec machine and whats your performance like?

Any other tips for improving PES performance?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It slows down on pc too? I've only noticed slowdown on replays for the 360 but I hear the ps3 version is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ShaneU wrote: »
    It slows down on pc too? I've only noticed slowdown on replays for the 360 but I hear the ps3 version is the worst.

well, just slowdown on my PC due to it's spec.
    I heard if you have a high spec PC there's virtually no slowdown.
    Some slowdown during cutscenes / replays is fine, but make the games unplayable if it happens during the gameplay (before shooting / crossing etc..).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

if i had to find the cause out the slow down out of ur list id say its just the ram
    the recommended specs say 512 is the min so ur just about there.. with ur upgrade u should see some imprvements
    also with p4 3 gb i presume u meant 3 ghz?
    if thats the case thats well within the specs
    and ur graphics card is even better than mine as i have a 6600 and have no issues ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Try testing it on a lower resolution (not pretty, i know) to see how it effects the slowdown if any.

j4vier wrote: »
    also with p4 3 gb i presume u meant 3 ghz?
    if thats the case thats well within the specs
    and ur graphics card is even better than mine as i have a 6600 and have no issues ;)

haha, yeah 3 ghz I meant! I know I'm a n00b :D
    Yeah, low res zips along fine.
    Cheers for the feedback lads. Hope to be playing PES2008 in smooth high detail soon enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

ShaneU wrote: »

360 is the worst for slowdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

have a 8800gtx, dual core 2.6, 2 gig decent ram. Game runs super smooth at 1900res with vsync enabled. Without vsync it runs like its on speed !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

trying it on a laptop running Vista and having problems

Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz 4mb 667MHZ
    2gig 667MHz RAM
    100 GB 7200 RPM HDD
    Nvidia 256 7900GT

Very glitchy during normal gameplay also the 360 controller very poor it wont accept pressing rb and lt basically sprinting and switching player you have to let go of the run button.
    I could be just completly blind but in what menu do you turn down the resolution and settings I cannot find anything.
    been trying it on high def external monitors but not helping

Any advise welcome

bennyc wrote: »
    I could be just completly blind but in what menu do you turn down the resolution and settings I cannot find anything.

You need to adjust this (and controller settings too) in the 'Settings' option that has to be accessed aside from the game executable itself - you'll find the shortcut in the Konami folder or on the screen autorun pop-up when you enter the disc.
    Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It runs perfectly on my rig. I'd say your ram is the main problem. 512 is v.low in this day and age.

• Advertisement

well, ordered 2GB of new RAM.
    Just discovered my PC actually had 1GB of RAM and not 512MB as I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

whiskeyman wrote: »
    You need to adjust this (and controller settings too) in the 'Settings' option that has to be accessed aside from the game executable itself - you'll find the shortcut in the Konami folder or on the screen autorun pop-up when you enter the disc.
    Hope that helps

Yep running now on medium settings perfect the only difference seems to be the background . I have to work on getting the fecking xbox 360 controller patch now as the lb and rb are on the same axis and cannot be hit together

Just got one of the sticks of RAM - upgraded to 2GB now.
    No real difference at all. Can just about play the next res up from 800x600, but high detail is out of the question.
    Putting in another 1GB later today... looks like the 6800 256MB card ain't the best so :(

I just bought it for the PC and its unplayable. I meet the spec but it absolutly kills my PC. what is worse is i am using a special monitor that needs to be at a certain resolution. But when i load PES it changes the resolution and the TV cant pick it up. Horrible horrible game.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Just got one of the sticks of RAM - upgraded to 2GB now.
    No real difference at all. Can just about play the next res up from 800x600, but high detail is out of the question.
    Putting in another 1GB later today... looks like the 6800 256MB card ain't the best so :(

Ok, so I've already spent €80 on the RAM upgrade.
    I'm left with the P4 3Ghz and the 256MB 6800 GeForce.

What would be best to upgrade to play PES2008 in good glory (high detail, high res if poss).
    Is the chip sufficient? Any tips
    Would a new graphic cards only (I would budget around 150 / 200 max) do much justice? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks a mil for feedback. I know that the slowdowns and bad settings are killing my love for PES2008

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

My PC is Vista, E6600(2.4G), 2G RAM, 7900GS and 2407WFP-HC

When I play under 1920X1200 it's very slow, any suggestions?

Also is it only me having this problem? Wherever the ball goes, there is a line across the screen very noticeable.

Thanks.

Advertisement