Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the on call doctor

Options
  • 30-10-2007 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Last night my neighbours child was sick and as she tends to do she came to me for advice...

I went and had a look at him and he was not at all well, i called there doctor, and got a voice mail, with a number for an on call doctor.

I personnal have never had this need as my own doctor does house calls,(this doctor is amasing) I would have called him but i knew he was out of the country...

Anyway, i was unaware of this servise, and i thought i'd pop their number up here as it is not listed in the golden pages...

01 453 9333

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

It's Eastdoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It would help if you mentioned what area this doctor covers.
    No point in call this number from Enniskerry if he's in Ashbourne. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Hill Billy wrote: »
    It would help if you mentioned what area this doctor covers.
    No point in call this number from Enniskerry if he's in Ashbourne. ;)

Do you mean me? Being a westie I haven't a clue! :D It's based at St Vincents.

As far as I know these out of hours co-ops are only available to patients of participating GPs so people would be best to call their own GPs number on the first occasion they need an out of hours service. They should be redirected to the appropriate service i.e one of these or whatever local GP is on call for your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

oh ok I wasnt too sure but as i said in my op, i had never heard of this before last night... i gave forth all the infor i had i am currently looking them up...

there are dubdoc's too but i think this is a separate service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

How is your neighbour's child now, OP?

• Advertisement

Sore throat that was effecting a gland in his tummy...

on antibiotix but should be fine...

he's only two and a half and they get sick so fast some times she was pure scared thinking of going to hospital and everything...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im in the southeast, and the caredoc system as linked to above is a brilliant system. Its a permanent afterhours service, located in our local clinic so youre not trying to find a random doctors surgery youve never been to. Cannot praise it enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

In Dublin North City and County it's DDOC 1850 22 44 77.

It's a great service, available 6pm - 8am Mon. to Fri. and 24 hours Sat. Sun. and Bank Holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

KtK wrote: »
    Im in the southeast, and the caredoc system as linked to above is a brilliant system. Its a permanent afterhours service, located in our local clinic so youre not trying to find a random doctors surgery youve never been to. Cannot praise it enough.
    I second that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement