Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Overrated in 'The Looks' Department

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Sarah Jessica Parker. And yes she's woeful
    She always seemed really old and hagged to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

abi titmuss, katy french, glenda gilson, kerry ****in katona, sandra bullock, those seoige sisters, lorraine keane aa rowdwetch, chinnefer aniston, jerry hall, sara jessica donkey head, posh spice, baby spice, catherine zeta jones, caroline fat transvestite morahan, anjelica huston............ will not be getting the longshanks treatment. ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

sarah jessica parker, paris hilton, keira knightley.
    yeugh.

i will not hear ye speak ill of scarlett. http://yeeeah.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/scarlett_johansson_bikini.jpg
    holy mother of **** me sideways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

In Lost in Translation, Scarlett Johansson looks like this: http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/blogs/s...ANSLATION1.jpg
    That's her ass, we're talking about looks! And she's plain as **** in Lost in Translation. It's like some marketing hot-shot spread the word that she was the latest sex bomb and everyone started agreeing. But SINCE then, she has undoubtedly become hot - due to great use of make-up though. She is not naturally beautiful like Angelina Jolie or Monica Bellucci.

There's a difference between getting lots of media attention and being over-rated in the looks department. I don't think anyone would argue that the following are undeservedly considered gorgeous:
    Amy Winehouse... I mean WTF...
    Abi Titmuss - it's more for her big jugs and the fact that she's supposed to be quite filthy in the sack.
    Anjelica Huston - don't think I've ever heard anyone remark that she was hot. Maybe 25 or 30 years ago.
    Sarah Jessica Parker - she gets a lot of attention from women because of her great dress sense on Sex and the City. But I don't think anyone would agree she's hot.
    Kerry Katona - again, loads of media attention but not considered a hottie. Before she had the babies and became tired and haggard-looking, she had a great curvy figure and a very pretty face, but those days are gone. She just looks rough now and about 15 years older than she actually is (27).
    Jerry Hall - In fairness, she was breathtaking in her day. She still looks great at 50-something. But tacky. If she toned things down she'd be incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Unpossible wrote: »
    She always seemed really old and hagged to me

perfect in hocus pocus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Beth Ditto :p

She ain't considered a hottie. She just gets loads of media attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Dudess wrote: »
    There's a difference between getting lots of media attention and being over-rated in the looks department. I don't think anyone would argue that the following are undeservedly considered gorgeous:

Re: Amy Winehouse, I seen an artical in one of those free magazines in sundays newspaper on how to get the Amy Winehouse look. Apparently she's a fashion icon now because of her stupid friken hairstyle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Deffo J Lo. Dunno how she was voted Sexiest woman alive at one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Justin Timberlake is dead sexy! I'd totally hit that *UnF*

J-Lo's a big assed skank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Eva Longoria...then she speaks and things get so much worse...most annoying voice EV-ER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm sorry but Miss Johansson is brilliant looking in Lost in Translation(and in that BW picture!).

I think Sharon Stone is hugely overrated. Also if someone had explained to Madonna that she is ugly and can't dance a log time ago they would have done the world a great service.

A long time ago, Madonna WAS beautiful. She also won a university dance scholarship. I think she's a fantastic dancer, but she's 50 next year so her moves are bound to be a bit less slick these days. Up to her early 40s (Ray of Light era) she was stunning - particularly when her hair was dark. Check her out in the video for Like A Prayer.
    She's too muscular now and it makes her look "severe" or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Amy Winehouse used to be hot but it was before she became really famous and started looking like and anoxeric Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Caribbean.

A lot of them already mentioned.
    Paris Hilton, that Parker woman, J-Lo, Madonna, Fergie, abi titmuss, Katy French, Angelina Jolie has gone fierce downhill since she started ridin that Pitt fella, Pamela Flood (she looked a wreck last nite on the Panel), Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry of late,

Women who are hot:
    Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansen and Caroline Morahan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

MooseJam wrote: »
    Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse

Ah c'mon now! Be fair! She looks more like a camel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Gah, well I put that into youtube and I can see she was once plain before ugliness took hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Keira Knightley - if she walks around a corner, you'll see her chin before her 'tits'.

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/wallpapers/movies/keiraknightley_1024.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Amy Winehouse... I mean WTF...

I actually used to think she was fit..:o Around 2004 or 2005 before she lost about 3 stone(and her tits), and before she had the crazy make-up.
    Seriously though, go a google images search of her from a few years ago and she's not a mess..

that guy craig whatshisface from james bond

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

A long time ago, Madonna WAS beautiful. She also won a university dance scholarship. I think she's a fantastic dancer, but she's 50 next year so her moves are bound to be a bit less slick these days. Up to her early 40s (Ray of Light era) she was stunning - particularly when her hair was dark. Check her out in the video for Like A Prayer.
    She's too muscular now and it makes her look "severe" or something.

she was but no longer is...

but people still rave at how hot she is...

I don't think they do. I've just heard people pointing out that she has a great body for a mother of two heading for 50. And she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Dragan wrote: »
    J-Lo

I would happily turn her down just to see the look on her stupid fat face.

:eek: I think she's gorgeous.

Jennifer Lopez is gorgeous. People are probably just sick of her, but that doesn't mean she's not attractive.
    kevmy wrote: »
    Paris Hilton, that Parker woman, J-Lo, Madonna, Fergie, abi titmuss, Katy French, Angelina Jolie has gone fierce downhill since she started ridin that Pitt fella, Pamela Flood (she looked a wreck last nite on the Panel), Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry of late
    Gwyneth Paltrow is someone women would find attractive - her femininity etc. Pretty but not sexy.
    Angelina Jolie has lost an awful lot of weight all right - makes her look haggard.
    Halle Berry of late?
    I don't think anyone would argue that Fergie is hot - she just looks like a plastic tranny. She claims to be 32 - my arse!
    Paris Hilton - I also don't think many people would over-rate her. She's pretty, but tacky and a joke.

As for Irish models/presenters - any bit of prettiness at all and they're hailed as being on a par with Naomi Campbell.

bluewolf wrote: »
    that guy craig whatshisface from james bond

Ohhh my god that is madness!!! Ok so maybe he technically doesn't look preety but he is ozzes shagiliciousness.

Polish wimmen are massively overated in terms of look...there I have said it!

Bodys like baywatch....faces like crimewatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Keira Knightley - if she walks around a corner, you'll see her chin before her 'tits'.

What tits?

Another Kate Moss vote here, she looks like a straggly cat, and thats being kind to the girl. Owen Wilson is another that always puzzles me. The boyish charm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

kevmy wrote: »
    Amy Winehouse used to be hot but it was before she became really famous and started looking like and anoxeric Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Caribbean.
    http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/235/winehouse1op8.jpg
    http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8681/winehouse2js0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

That Eastern European chick from Fair City was garnering a lot of column inches for her apparent beauty a while back. Pighead couldn't see it himself. And Pigheads standards are pretty damn low.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

No way.. She's gorgeous..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Pighead wrote: »
    Far from it Cheeky_gal, benboy, jimlad, spainia and radachoiu all got banned on Friday for "lewd and inappropriate smiley usage" Word on the street is they got 2 month bannings. Just didn't want you to be next.

Awwwww, thank you Pighead, much appreciated. ;)
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    lol, ah bless your little cotton socks cheeky gal *ruffles your hair.

Don't listen to silly pighead.

;):p:D:D:):):p;)

Do I know you (friend said that exact thing to me yest!)!?! You're name doesn't begin with "J" does it??

• Advertisement

Pigheads standards are pretty damn low.

Goes without saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

dulpit wrote: »
    Angelina Jolie here...

PM sent.

Also, gonna have to disagree with Dudess on the whole Scarlett thing. She looks great in that photo you posted and it's not just make up either, she's naturally very hot.

That Eastern European chick from Fair City was garnering a lot of column inches for her apparent beauty a while back. Pighead couldn't see it himself.
    Yeah, pretty but not the goddess the Irish media would have us believe she is.
    Keira Knightley is starting to slightly fill out (as in, she's no longer as thin as a death camp survivor) and in turn, that's making her look stunningly beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sienna Miller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

xzanti wrote: »
    No way.. She's gorgeous..
    She's goofy and gawky looking, with a big overbite, and walks around everywhere like she's sucking her cheeks in a sticking her chin out. Freakishly big head and skinny little neck, and the body of a little boy..just really weird looking tbh

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_03/keiravenicePA2908_468x667.jpg

Nope, definitely overrated.

Yeah, Sienna's not unattractive but there's nothing particularly remarkable about her looks. Ditto Lindsay Lohan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I can't think of any over-rated celebs in the looks department but there should be a most under-rated thread, Cillian Murphy would definately be up there...

Catherine Zeta Jones is beautiful, she just chooses to dress like a middle-aged spinster since she got together with a man who's 25 years older than her (exactly 25 years - they share birthdays strangely enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Davina McCall!!! Why the F**K do so many men find her attractive? It's beyond me. She's just a typical loud housewife...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Julia Roberts

Pretty Woman- My AR*E:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

cameron diaz gets my vote...can someone plz tell me whats so good looking about her??

i remember when The Mask came out and everyone was jumping up & down about this "babe"....i simply couldn't understand the fuss:confused:

Julia Roberts

Pretty Woman- My AR*E:eek:
    Agreed. I think Julia Roberts can look kinda fugly. Great figure and hair but massive mouth, lips that look like there's lipstick smeared outside them, and a nose that looks like she's constantly blowing it/sneezing (too much coke??) I really didn't understand the fawning over her when Pretty Woman was out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

She's goofy and gawky looking, with a big overbite, and walks around everywhere like she's sucking her cheeks in a sticking her chin out. Freakishly big head and skinny little neck, and the body of a little boy..just really weird looking tbh

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_03/keiravenicePA2908_468x667.jpg

Nope, definitely overrated.

+1 - Nothing remotely attractive about her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Halle Berry of late?

Yeah I dunno she's let herself go a bit I feel. Wild hair, unkempt look, etc. I mean don't get me wrong if she cleaned herself up a bit she'd be grand but atm meh

cson wrote: »
    Another Kate Moss vote here, she looks like a straggly cat

Agreed
    eirebhoy wrote: »

I think she looks well in that one anyway, way better than the wreck she is now
    That Eastern European chick from Fair City was garnering a lot of column inches for her apparent beauty a while back. Pighead couldn't see it himself. And Pigheads standards are pretty damn low.

That Lana bitch annoying, full of herself and not really that hot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

do like keira knightley

julia roberts, over rated
    sex in the city girl is pretty ugly, didn't she win some ugly award a few days ago

edit. yep here it is http://www.voanews.com/english/Entertainment/2007-10-29-voa55.cfm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^

now in all fairness, that pic of kiera knightley is not the best, i mean we all have our off days;)

i think she's attractive nice structured face, but she's still way too skinny - no tits...can't have a girl with no tits

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Which would you prefer?

winehouse.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigman II wrote: »
    Goes without saying.
    Listen pal, lets face it. You're in the same gutter as Pighead on this one. You have actually watched the last 2 series of Big Brother without a gun to your head worse still you and Captain Negative have been been playing some elimination Game thingy in the BB forum.

What the hells that all about? Pighead used to admire and respect you. Finding you playing mindless games with that spanner in the BB Forum was a bit like the time Marge found out her father wasn't a hot shot pilot but an apron-wearing airplane "stewardess," instead.

Time to raise the bar Pigman II.

Listen pal, lets face it. You're in the same gutter as Pighead on this one. You have actually watched the last 2 series of Big Brother without a gun to your head worse still you and Captain Negative have been been playing some elimination Game thingy in the BB forum.

What the hells that all about? Pighead used to admire and respect you. Finding you playing mindless games with that spanner in the BB Forum was a bit like the time Marge found out her father wasn't a hot shot pilot but an apron-wearing airplane "stewardess," instead.

Time to raise the bar Pigman II.

Oooh Low Blow :) If I known I had a stalker I'd only hang out in the cool forums. Anyway what were *you* doing on BB?

I know what you mean about the Marge thing tho. It reminds me of the time we found a family friend of ours dead on his bed dressed head to toe in the Dundalk FC kit. After a quick call to a fancy dress shop we were able to redress him in a full stewardess outfit (complete with lippy, stockings and suspenders) so as to spare his family any undue embarrasment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement