Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming Transaction Payments (AIB)

Options
  • 30-10-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I have been regularly receiving transactions into my AIB a/c from within the EU (IBAN/BIC transfer). The amount sent was always the amount received, except for this month. I rang and queried this with AIB and according to them there has always been a fixed incoming transaction payment of €6.35 applied for receiving the funds and putting them into an Irish a/c. However this is the first time I've had this charge applied and it was €7.50 and not €6.35 I was charged.

Anyone any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Could be the other side of the transaction. You can split the payment costs 50 / 50 for international payments (which you might be doing) The other sides costs may have gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I have a look through the AIB site and finally found a pdf with costs, it's €6.35 for incoming global transactions and €0 for EU incoming transactions. I'll check to see what's happened on the other side and wait until I get the incoming transaction statement from AIB.

Anyone else have incoming transactions recently originating within the EU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 MollyCoddle

Not with AIB but my bank has never charged me a cent for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fillie

when you send a interpay or tt you have the option of sender paying fees or reciever sending fees, also if the sender has the correct iban and bic number there is no charge.

it seems them charges are from aib intnl banking for taking in the tt. as i work for boi i cant be positive you should query it with aib international or your local bank... btr ask these things direct

Advertisement