Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing head and tail lights.

Options
  • 30-10-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

He lads,
    Just looking for some advice on replacing lights in a car.

I have a 02 Fiat Stilo and the passengers side head has mould growing in it and
    the drivers side tail light has been broken open.

I have found the parts on Micksgarage.ie but was wondering would I be better off buying 4 new laight.
    Light will the 2 new ones look all shiney while the other 2 dull.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Sounds like water is making its way into your headlamps through some hole or bad seal. Replacing the bulbs may not change anything, as long as the old ones work I wouldn't replace them, unless the new bulbs are better spec or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think he's talking about replacing the whole headlight/tail light assembly, rather than changing bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Your friendly local motor factor will probably be able to supply spurious lamps almost as cheap as used OE parts. OE lamps for a FIATs probably don't cos the earth either.

If you plan on keeping the car, Goose, I'd go ahead and replace them. Especially now coming onto Winter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Stephen wrote: »
    I think he's talking about replacing the whole headlight/tail light assembly, rather than changing bulbs.

Aye, thats correct gonna replace the whole thing rather than just the bulbs.

I was gonna get a garage to do it but just investigating if if could do it myself easily.

Yeah the assemlby is about 120 which is great i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Don't forget to factor in focusing into the cost. Few garages have these (down my way anyway), so you may have to make a seperate trip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement