Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change of ownership - options

• 30-10-2007 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I bought a '89 VFR400 from a friend of mine about 2.5 years ago. It was just about roadworthy. I bought it to fix it up and hopefully use it as a track bike. Well the bike is finally fixed up and ready to roll but it is still not in my name.

The vehicle registration has been lost(my friend) and there has been several attempts made to have it replaced. But it has still not turned up. The registration is for an old address that he lived in.

The problem is that you need the registration form to be able to complete a change of address.

What are my options?
    Return the bike and request a refund.
    Is there a way to get the ownership converted to me?
    Is there a way of getting a change of address without the having the registration book?

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Call/e-mail the motor tax office. It is possible.

Not your ornery onager

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The people who deal with this are the Dept of the environment in Shannon, pm for the phone number if you cant find it. They can give you a form which you fill out with your details and the details of the bike. You get the chassis number, make and model confirmed by a bike shop. You then get your signature on the form witnessed by a commissioner for oaths. Send it back to Shannon and theyll issue your licensing form, or, if the bike was never taxed, it will be put in your name, theyll send an RF100 taxation form, and the VLC will issue once you tax the bike.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Thanks KtK. So they can change the ownership to me just like that.
    Does the bikeshop have to be involved or are there just to help?
    Who is a commissioner for oaths?

After 2 years this is really starting to bug me.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

Advertisement