Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV stand with space for consoles, DVD player, modem etc - what's your setup?

• 30-10-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

Am investing in a new TV soon but before I do so I need to find a stand that'll hide away the PS2, Wii, XBox, XBox 360, DVD player, cable modem, wifi router, and all associated wires / controllers, because the area around the current TV is a jungle of junk at present.

Google yields this, but I'm not sure it's big enough:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bush-Raptor-Stand-Video-Station/dp/B000SPI40U

Got a setup that works pretty well for you? Any pointers for my search - i.e. good shop for these in Ireland? Have tried Argos, Dixons, Currys etc. but all they have are those standard open glass ones that hide nothing.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Get a carpenter to make a custom one, sounds like the only way you'll get all that stuff to fit into anything or else get rid of older consoles if not really used.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

I got a nice TV unit from Living in Bray. It's one of those flat packed Basic 2 jobbies but it weighs a tonne and is super sturdy. It's about 4 foot wide (big enough for the 46" LCD) and has a massive drawer for DVD's, games & controllers. Tonnes of space for all the units with everything tidied away all nicely. Currently has old xbox, xbox 360, sky HD box, NTL box, wireless bridge, other stuff in the display bit, hidden by frosted glass but still gets the IR signals through. About 500 quids.
    803787s.jpg

Only gripe is the xbox gets a bit noisy and hot due to lack of ventilation but that's more to do with the xbox than the unit.

PS I'd replace the xbox 1, ps2 and dvd player with a media center PC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JohnG2176

You need plenty of ventilation for the xbox, i wouldn't go putting it into a unit, better off leaving it standing at the side of whatever you get...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

JohnG2176 wrote: »
    You need plenty of ventilation for the xbox, i wouldn't go putting it into a unit, better off leaving it standing at the side of whatever you get...

Agreed, I have a stand with an open back as the last thing I want is my elite to overheat :( I have a few of those JML "cable tidies" to keep all the wires under control. I'll try and post a pic of it soon.

Hey, is the Elite any quieter? I'd upgrade just for that..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Quieter. Not silent. Depends how fussy you are but I was very satisified with the noise reduction - the DVD drive no longer sounds like a jet engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Dwilly wrote: »
    I got a nice TV unit from Living in Bray. !
    where is living in bray as this looks interesting !

vasch_ro wrote: »
    where is living in bray as this looks interesting !

Opposite Superquinn on the left on the main road as you come into the town from Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Were lanning on getting a swivel wall bracket for our tv and then a wall bracket for the dvd player, 360 etc. Anyone know of any places to try?

Advertisement