Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing provider; Irish broadband ripwave plus ?

Options
  • 30-10-2007 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

after two years of pain from ntl I'm changing connection provider, had digiweb in today but installer couldn't get a line of sight to there transmitter but suggested irish broadband. from there site Im covered by ripwave plus.

So basically I'm asking before I take the plunge is it any good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

girlfriend has breeze,

It's ok but occasionally drops connection, you cant have it anywhere in the house cause it needs to be near a window... will only work in the back of her house upstairs and in the front of the house downstairs!

I think it's good for occasional users like her but it annoys the hell out of me.

I've been with Eircom since BB was released in my area (about 4 years) and I have never had a problem. ( i know i may be one of a few )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

jameshayes wrote: »
    girlfriend has breeze,

It's ok but occasionally drops connection, you cant have it anywhere in the house cause it needs to be near a window... will only work in the back of her house upstairs and in the front of the house downstairs!

I think it's good for occasional users like her but it annoys the hell out of me.

I've been with Eircom since BB was released in my area (about 4 years) and I have never had a problem. ( i know i may be one of a few )

tks for the reply

Well an uninterrupted service is whats most important for me so maybe ill have to look at other options. I don't have a phone line into my house either, anyone go the irish broadband breeze

Advertisement