Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Zombies

Options
  • 30-10-2007 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Does anyone else read this? Its perhaps the best thing that Marvel have come up with the last few years, especially considering their original ideas have been crap before now, and they have failed to take characters further then marrying and replacing each other. For those that dont know, the story is set on an alternate version of Earth, where a zombie plague has infected most of the Marvel superheroes and they have become flesh eating zombies

MZTPB.jpg

Currently the storyline has moved onto Marvel Zombies 2, #1 of which just came out, so you should have no problem picking up a copy. There's also an (admittingly hard to find) Marvel Zombie vs. The Army of Darkness crossover and the original story from 2005 was released as a hardback in 2006, which tells the story of the Zombie plague. Plus, theres the Black Panther storyline issue #27-31 which features the Zombie avengers (seen below). Its very graphic but I'd still love to see a film made of it at somestage!

Zombievengers.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I have the first hardback and enjoyed it but felt they should have left it at that. It was funny for a while to see your favourite Marvel heroes talking about eating brains but the premise is wearing a bit thin in my opinion. Didnt they do an arc in Fantastic 4 with them in it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I have the first hardback and enjoyed it but felt they should have left it at that.

I've been looking for the hardback and the Last Days one shot for a while, any idea where I could get them?

I think its pretty cool actually, they've released a few special variant covers this month, Howard the Duck is a zombie on one of them lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The Marvel Zombies series is actually spun out of the Ultimate Fantastic Four storyline involving a zombified world, as far as I know. I read the original series, thinking "Kirkman + marvel heroes = possible greatness", but felt it lacked enough weight to merit 5 issues, and had a rubbish ending. So not really my bag - there again, I think it suffers from the usual What if?/Elseworlds story problem : the appeal is in the recognizable yet different characters, but the story's concept can never really stand on its own two feet because it still has to be, in some way, a marvel superhero story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

the new one seems to be starting off on the right foot anyway.

bombidol wrote: »
    the new one seems to be starting off on the right foot anyway.

Yes, you got that right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I've been looking for the hardback and the Last Days one shot for a while, any idea where I could get them?

I got the hardback in Hodgis and Fidgis on Dawson Street around Xmas time. I dont know if they would still have it. The trade is due for release tommorrow. They have it on play.com

I have a feeling that Marvel will do an omnibus at somestage.

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    The trade is due for release tommorrow. They have it on play.com

Good good, I will pay them a visit this weekend so man, cheers for that, got the Army of Darkness crossover on Amazon and just won a bid for the One Shot issue and the Howard the Duck zombie variant on ebay so gonna pay for them and get them sent. If the one on play is the one I think they have then Ill be laughing as thats them all. I already have the Black panther crossover, got that in Forbidden Planet in Edinburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I got a cracking Marvel Zombies t-shirt in NY over the summer - didn't realise it was a comic series though. Haven't bought comics in a few years but may indeed have to check this series out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

normally I'm big in to anything to do with zombies - comes from having a friend whose a massive zombie nut and was one of the zombies in the orginal dawn of the dead [you know the one who gets the first cream pie in the face? thats Roy] But Marvel lost me with this series with this cover After the whole MJ statue and heros for hentai cover I really just had to go WTF marvel and move off to better more interesting zombie comics.

• Advertisement

I have that image in the first post on a hoody. its pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Play are selling both hardbacks, the army of darkness is available now but out of stock, the other Kirkman's Marvel Zombies is due out soon enough and both are very well priced at 16 and 11 euro.
    For those interested it the whole Zombie comic genre I bought George a Romero's Toe Tags by DC on eBay well worth the $15 (for all 6) including postage from the states I know $15 :eek: seller had them listed in the wrong section so got them for a 1c :D you don't mind postage at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

might need to be patient with play.com. i ordered fallen son : the death of captain america off them and even though its meant to be releasd on the 24th oct its still not in stock yet so while it may be "released" today it doesnt mean they have it.

still i buy alot of stuff off them and they usually sort it in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

And no love for the Army of Darkness vs MArvel Zombie book.

A great read from John Layman. He uses 3rd and 4th class characthers to great effect. Plus it has Zombie Howard the Duck.

He really had a handle on writing for Ash as well. Loved the Punishser moments.

MarkHall wrote: »
    Plus it has Zombie Howard the Duck.

The one thing I'm looking forward to seeing the most is Zombie Howard the Duck!

MZvAOD2p22.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

In the first picture, who's the zombie under Ironman? Everyone else is very obvious but I can't place that one

In the first picture, who's the zombie under Ironman? Everyone else is very obvious but I can't place that one

nigthcrawler - check out the hands

I think they mean the flying woman in the middle. First thought was Storm but its not her going by the emblem on the chest. no idea who the hell it is myself.

Crap I thought the poster said Iceman. Now I'm confused who is that? and is that even Ice man? above Thing

Crap I thought the poster said Iceman. Now I'm confused who is that? and is that even Ice man? above Thing

the cover is a parody for the secret wars issue 1 cover
    225px-Secretwars1.png

just check that to know who is who

Above thing is Storm in her mid 80's punk get up and beside her is Captain Marvel 2 Monica Rambeau [thou prob better known now from Nextwave]

There's prob a better copy of the cover online somewhere, I don't have mine here to scan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

ztoical wrote: »
    nigthcrawler - check out the hands

Thanks! I was going by costumes but just couldn't place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Nightcrawler, he was in the second X-Men movie, played by Scot Alan Cummings

Nope, not Iceman, whoever is above Thing has boobs which Iceman doesn't have

MZTPB.jpg

Check out the top of Cap's head, look what's inside it! I thought they were bone fragments at first

Demonique wrote: »
    Nope, not Iceman, whoever is above Thing has boobs which Iceman doesn't have

uh :confused: didn't I answer that question in this reply?

Advertisement