Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Laptop

Options
  • 30-10-2007 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

Ive a Toshiba tecra a9, entry level I think, and I want to fit a graphics card for games, any suggestions?

I've a dual core processor t7100 intel duo, and an intel 965 express chipset, and 2X512mb ram.

Thanks,

Sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have fun. You can usually only upgrade the RAM in a notebook, nothing else. It's possible to upgrade the GFX card, but it's usually cheaper to buy a new one:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You can't upgrade the video card in that laptop. Sorry. Only possible to upgrade that in an absolutely miniscule percentage of laptops, all of which would be expensive and relatively rare to the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

HavoK wrote: »
    You can't upgrade the video card in that laptop. Sorry. Only possible to upgrade that in an absolutely miniscule percentage of laptops, all of which would be expensive and relatively rare to the Irish market.

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You could upgrade the hard drive as well. One thing about upgrading the ram. Your laptop most likely only has 2 slots. This means to get 2GBs of ram, you'll need to buy 2 x 1GB sticks instead of just another 2 x 512MB sticks and adding them in.

Advertisement