Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drooling cat

Options
  • 30-10-2007 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

my 7 month old cat lily has a tendancy to drool, i've never seen this before with cats is it normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

All the cats I've ever had have done it, but usually only when they're really happy and purring away contentedly, usually while being stroked. I've never seen them doing it just for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

As above - I've known cats to do it when they're needing / being stroked /purring /all happy.
    Is it just in these occasions or is it random drooling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

when purring happily on my lap...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

*Page* wrote: »
    when purring happily on my lap...
    In that case, then I'd say, based on past experience, that it's normal :) It's probably a reflex thing dating back to kittenhood when mum would lick them to get their digestion going.

Agreed ^^ it's not that uncommon - it's kinda funny really.
    The same kitten used to try and suck my friends eyelashes (gross!) lol..

• Advertisement

eyelashes??

i was a tad worried but thank you all...

Yup - my friend has had the oddest array of cats over the years!!

:) enjoy the kitteness! they're so cute

he's huge now... about two foot long and one foot tall... still a fluff ball

Advertisement