Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pes:2008 tips !

Options
  • 30-10-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hey guys just wondering if ye have any good tips cus atm i am really sucking at it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

what exactly do you need tips with

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pert

Practice my friend

Training mode will help you improve overall

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

just keep playing it - it will 'click' eventually.

I was getting really frustrated over the long weekend, cause ever time i played, the computer would nab possesion off me then pass it around the back line for ages. Couldn't get hold of the ball, couldn't create good chances, didn't enjoy it at all.

Then last night i played a few games of Barcelona vs Reading on 'Professional' difficulty.

First few games were the same old story, couldn't string a move together, couldn't get into decent shooting positions, Reading holding on to possesion....was still really annoyed. Then, out of nowhere, everyting seems to click - have Barcelona passing and moving like they do in real life, carving Reading open loads, started to hit the corners with shots (as opposed to straight down the middle).

Maybe it will be the same for you.

One thing though, I find you can rely on your players, to some extent, to act intelligently. A number of times I playedgreat passes and created great chances cause I hoped the computer would know what I wanted from the through ball, and it did. Of course being Barcelona helps, as they are pass masters, but i would suggest playing loads of games with them til you get the feel of the game.

I find playing with the same team a lot plays improvement

i play as newcastle united as im a fan. im a bit like kdjacl in that i'd rather play as my fave team and be beaten than pick rediculous teams just for a win.

its far more satisfying when you get the win over barca,inter,man u,chelsea,arse,real

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

And if one of those teams happens to be your fav team?

• Advertisement

then your a sap :)

no i mean if you genuinely support them, great for you.

but i like a challenge

i was playing a mate offline last night, he picked barca
    i picked derby

who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

then your a sap :)

who won?

The sap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well are leeds in it???

might go make them, but in the good old days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Play it on an easier setting until you are able to hold the ball and plan certain types of attacks, then take the step up.

Alternatively just play against a mate who's not great either and you both should get better at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I dunno, I find it harder to play against bad players because you don't try as hard or give it your full concentration. I'd suggest playing someone slightly better than you because it will motivate you to improve and beat them.

Try playing exhibitions against the computer and set your team's form to excellant and the computers to random. It will make it easier for you to string passes together and hold onto the ball.

Practice is really the only way to get better. If this is you're first time playing the game it does take a while to adjust to it. Most people posting here have played every incarnation of the game so forget what it's like starting out. I remember it took me ages to get shots on target when I started playing the game originally. It just takes practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

on another note lads, has anyone ever won a freekick or pen while diving?

Tusky wrote: »
    The sap ?

He did indeed

2-1

but did i enjoy trying?
    did the goal i scored feel 10 times more satisfying?

Yes and Yes

is the guy who beat me better than me at pro evo?

Hard to tell, but in that game he had the team and players all capable of destroying derby with a huge number, i had a man sent off and went up the other end to equalise, it took an 89th minute winner to steal the game. i had more possession and shots.

End of the day i enjoy the challenge and Random Random is the best way to become a better player (even if i did let my mate choose my team and he chose derby)
    With random random you could get a good team or a crap one, when you get a crap one you have to work for the victory. and thats the best way to learn in pro evo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marseille roule

this is for trilla ya you can win a free or pen for diving but it has to look like you have been fouled. when youre opponent slides dive and with some timing you will win the free ! this wont work all the time tho no matter how real it looks....

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Trilla wrote: »
    Eh ...................No

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I installed the game to my hdd. But when I went to the home screen, I couldn't find it in any saved data utility. Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Tried a dive with nobody around and got booked. It was the rabbit honestly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I've yet to get the dive to work, as in I've yet to earn a free from it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Haven't managed to win anything yet by divin. Aint at all like the old fifa one :P But only try it if cruisin like 3-0 or sumfin. Don't wanna loose possesion with a theatrical dive :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

I got it to work a couple of times, wait till the player is cutting across you and hit the deck, i have been booked more times than not but thats good i think, as for a penalty No

great advice if your not great...stick to the 5min games... you'll never take hammering and can knick a game by scoring first!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Not in the demo but got FK playing against my brother and he still didn't believe me that I was diving. Don't try it too much though, don't want to be seen as a Drogba or C Ronaldo type player!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Anyone know buttons to press on xbox 360 to do it?
    Thanks

Igore that, found it. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Left button + right button + right trigger at same time, or is it lb + rb + lt?, i forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Left button + right button + right trigger at same time, or is it lb + rb + lt?, i forget!

Yep, thats it alright. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's LB+RB+LT ... it's funny the first time you do it if there's no-one near you because you get a dramatic replay of your fall. :D

Need to be careful, the Computer tries to dive sometimes, too.
    Aidan McGeady tried to take a dive in the penalty box as I was trying to clear in the last few mins of a game. Luckily the ref spotted it and booked him.

What's the shirt pulling option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I got someone sent off with a dive once. If they tackle you behind you and you time the dive, it's a straight red. My mate wasn't too happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 trickymc

my brother got a penalty from diving against me and to make me feel better my player got a red card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

The first time I tried it with C.Ronaldo in the box I got a peno... Sweet...

All about timing, if the opponent almost has the ball and is trying to nudge you away dive as fast as you can!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think it's linked to the whole shirt pulling graphic. If you go back and watch the replay, whenever there is pressure you can see the opposition player tugging the shirt a little. If you dive just as he grabs hold you normally get a free. But it's not 100%, sometimes the ref will catch it, and I guess that's on purpose.

The best way to play PES is to play it like normal football. Pass and move. Don't go for the fancy stuff every time, sometimes just play the simple pass to the full back and go for a deep cross. Everythings about timing.
    If you watch to practice scoring, go into the training mode, and just have one player on the pitch, and run towards the keeper. Try and score. Before the game resets, go to the menu, go backwards in time, and do it again. and again :) and again :) After about 10 minutes you should be scoring every single time. that's always how I warm up before every big game

• Advertisement
Advertisement