Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

x-box controller problem

• 30-10-2007 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I recently sent my XBOX 360 console away for repair following the emergence of the dreaded three red lines in my "Ring of Light". It just arrived back the other day and i've discovered a new problem....

My console does not seem to be picking up either of my wireless controllers! I have fresh batteries in both but the lights on the home button of the controller just spin around for a few seconds and will not sync with the console. Furthermore, prior to sending my console away for repair there was a small button i used to push on my XBOX 360 that would cause the ring of light to spin around and try to pick up any wireless controller. This button now seems to have no purpose! There is no activity from either the console or the controller when i push this button....

HELP! Has anybody else encountered this problem ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Press and hold the lil button on the 360 itself til it spins around

Then power on the controller

Then press and hold the lil teeny button on the back of the controller till it spins around and centres on 1

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Fieldog wrote: »
    Press and hold the lil button on the 360 itself til it spins around

The lil button on the console does seem to have any function at all - I held it down for up to 30 secs and no action took place. I will try holding down the reset button on the controller and see what happens. Although this will only be when I get home from work tonight.

Any other advice anybody ??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's a little button on the front of your xbox. Press it then press the little button on the back of the controller. Failing that, read the manual for the xbox or the controller cos both of them tell you how to sync your controllers with your console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

hold the button on the controller first then press the one on the console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Hold the button on the xbox then hold the button on the controller, then twirl around 3 times and stand on one leg and pat you head and rub you stomach :D

All you need to do is hold both sync buttons down, on both the console and controller, should sync immediately. If its not working then ring MS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

lafors wrote: »
    Hold the button on the xbox then hold the button on the controller, then twirl around 3 times and stand on one leg and pat you head and rub you stomach :D

All you need to do is hold both sync buttons down, on both the console and controller, should sync immediately. If its not working then ring MS.

LOL.

Maybe they didn't reconnect the button on 360 that your talking about, that's what it sounds like to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Keith186 wrote: »
    LOL.

Maybe they didn't reconnect the button on 360 that your talking about, that's what it sounds like to me.

ok so here is the solution to the problem - got home, tried all ideas - no luck. So a phonecall was made to the MS helpline.

after a lenghty chat with the young lady on the other end reading all the solutions on the screen in front of her (all of which I already tried) she then decided to go a little crazy on me.

so she say "take the batteries out of the controller. remove the faceplate from the from of the console. switch the console on, put batteries back in"

so i did all (except i had to get a pen to switch the console back on) and low and behold, sync'd right away. and before i had a chance to ask what the problem was in the first place, she was gone, like dust in the wind.

so the moral of the story - faceplates : more harm than good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thats very unusual, maybe the faceplate wasnt put back on correctly so the button couldnt press right on the console?

Gimps

Least your sorted!

Advertisement