Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists in town?

Options
  • 30-10-2007 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone please tell me which dentists take medical cards, and if possible, post their surgery number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I've pm'd you a list.
    Don't know about who takes Med cards though!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

They cant be too fond of advertising or promoting their phone numbers. Link

The local HSE office would supply you with a list for medical card if you phoned them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    They cant be too fond of advertising or promoting their phone numbers. Link

Golden pages is better. :D

They aren't allowed to advertise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

smashey wrote: »

I thought that was just barristers???

Thanks lads, I'm way better off than i was a half hour ago. I'll ring the hse and see which ones take a card.

Hope you get sorted!

I have to make a long overdue trip myself some day! Dreading it!

• Advertisement

Gillie wrote: »
    Hope you get sorted!

I have to make a long overdue trip myself some day! Dreading it!
    Well if any of you are stuck I have pliers, a black & decker drill and for an anesthetic you can choose between a bottle of vodka or a lump hammer.

Gee. Let me think!
    Gotta go with the Vodka!

smashey wrote: »

Not strictly true. They cant advertise in the sense that we know it but by listing their contact details in the golden or yellow pages they are effectively advertising. In a previous thread I posted this link for doctors but its strange that dentists details dont appear

In fact solicitors and even RIAI accredited architects can openly advertise these days

Gee. Let me think!
    Gotta go with the Vodka!
    Atta boy. That would be my choice too!!

My ma tried pulling one of my teeth with a string round a door handle once years ago. After that dentists don't seem so bad!

• Advertisement

My ma tried pulling one of my teeth with a string round a door handle once years ago. After that dentists don't seem so bad!

:eek:
    I hope to god that it was actually rotten or something?

What........ the string :D

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Any photos?! :D

Badly need to go to the dentist myself. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

There was a dispute recently between the HSE and dental representatives resulting in a withdrawal of dentistry services by alot of dentists to medical card holders. (Ouch!) Is that over then? :eek:

It was a baby tooth iirc. It didn't work anyways. Sorry genie no photos. And I love that everyone I mention my quest for a dentist to says they need to go too. We should all just invade a surgery some day and all get sorted out!

And I love that everyone I mention my quest for a dentist to says they need to go too. We should all just invade a surgery some day and all get sorted out!
    I'd better stock up on the vodka so ;)

Muffler seems to have a more enjoyable surgery going!

Will probably head there instead!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It was a baby tooth iirc. It didn't work anyways. Sorry genie no photos. And I love that everyone I mention my quest for a dentist to says they need to go too. We should all just invade a surgery some day and all get sorted out!

kinda like a boards beers except less beers and more dental surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Good idea, might get a group rate! :D

Advertisement