Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Informative Podcasts at Linux Reality

• 30-10-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I came across a series of excellent podcasts on Linux Reality and I'd recommend ye checking it out. I listened to three so far - Partitioning under Linux (goes over ext3,2 and so). The 2nd one was on the Gimp paint tool (done really well) and finally a high level run over vim (we know it well but hey nice to listen to). :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

They are a good podcast alright aimed at the beginner (aka: me) I have been listening to them for a while now up to episode 81: Audio in Linux, I don't have any interest in using Inkscape so I will probably skip Episode 82, 83. The Home Servers series was very helpful in setting up a backup server that I'm now running here at home. IMO its a great resource for the linux beginner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

sound_wave wrote: »
    They are a good podcast alright aimed at the beginner (aka: me) I have been listening to them for a while now up to episode 81: Audio in Linux, I don't have any interest in using Inkscape so I will probably skip Episode 82, 83. The Home Servers series was very helpful in setting up a backup server that I'm now running here at home. IMO its a great resource for the linux beginner.

Yep, I find him an easy to listen to sort of guy. Makes my public transport trips barely. Some of quite good such as the wireless networking. I was trying to get my windows rt2500 driver working under ndiswrapper in Xubuntu last night (it's runs window wireless drivers in linux) - but no such luck - detected and all set up perfect under WEP - solution is probably try a different rev number like he actually suggested on that particular podcast. Yeah, he fun.
    Really though no matter how long anyone has been using linux, it's nice to get a reminder or hear someone mention something you had long forgotten or an easier way going about something.
    Even lately, setting to use the net back to ipv4 from version6 made a hellva difference. Some great tips. :)

Advertisement