Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netgear Router.

• 30-10-2007 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this should be in the BB or Wireless section so apologies if I've posted this in then wrong place.

A friend of mine has a Netgear DG834N router (ADSL + Wireless) and BB with BT.

Spec: Dell Vostro 1700 running Vista with inbuilt Intel wireless card.

BB has been enabled and is working as we've tested it out using the BT wired modem (Voyager 210) - when we plug in the Netgear router the DSL light constantly flashes orange to indicate no active internet connection - how can this be when it clearly detects a DSL connection with the Voyager 210 and the set up is the same?

Running through the setup process for the Netgear router we eventually get to a step where it tells us that we have 2 or more network adapters installed (wireless & ethernet) and which one do we want to use?? we have to use the ethernet adapter as set-up requires a wired connection but when we choose this adapter we get and error saying "syntax error in automat file mhstate.inf" and it bombs out..

We've logged in to the settings of the Netgear router 198.162.0.1 and input the ISP deatils there - all settings are the same as my own exlcuding ISP details (I have the same router and BB with BT) but when we test the connection is just says disconnected.

So at this point we're totally flumoxed as to what could be wrong - we know the DSL connection is fine as we've used the Voyager 210 and have gone online so why does the Netgear router say we do not have a DSL connection.

Any help on this would be much appreciated as I'm really at the end of my tether...

Thanks in advance.

EireEV

Advertisement