Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a flytying kit as a gift

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The third link didn't work for me ....

However the other two are ok.
    The first one seems (from the materials enclosed) to be aimed primarily at the trout angler.
    The second link is more interesting for a small price difference.

You could also go to a local fishing shop who are good at fly tying gear.
    I would recommend Rorys in Temple Bar, or Southside in Cork Street if you happen to be in Dublin.

If he is into salmon fly tying, ask for a couple of extra squirrel tails - natural grey, and dyed black, yellow and red, as they are used a many different salmon fly patterns.
    The salmon hook sizes most used are 6,8,10,12. Singles and (fly type) trebles. Some of each will make it a very useful gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Third link didnt open properly for me either but i can tell you thats a well rated begineers tying kit. That company are also noted for good service and prompt delivery. Excellent idea btw:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Hmm ... I re-tried the 3rd link and hey presto .. no problem this time.

Veniards Fly kit .... Good stuff.
    I have used the same Veniards Fly Vise for about 25 years now .. it's and still looking good!

Advertisement