Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New AXA offer

Options
  • 30-10-2007 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Heard on the radio this morning that AXA were doing a new deal for students - monthly no claims bonus which can reduce your policy by 40odd%

I didn't hear the ad completely cause I was driving at the same time and wasn't paying to much attention until the very end of the advert

So i was very happy and decided to give them a call. 15:10 i called them and was talking to someone immediately. Told him that I heard about the new student offer they had and I would like to find out more - he said 'eh, I think that’s only for post grad students' (in an unsure voice) he continues 'Well I don’t deal with that directly but I’ll pass you onto someone who does'

I get transferred to this girl who is a bit abrupt but hey, we all have bad days.

She asks me all the standard questions and I tell her all my details; 2005 Astra, 1.4 Club, NCD, current insurer etc...

She asks me how much Quinn do my ins for and I give her the figure - she laughs and says 'that’s half the price we can offer you' and then 'is there anything else??'

So - if you hear about the new AXA offer - it's a load of bálls in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I went to Axa for a quote when I first got my car a year ago (first car, was 21). Over €2700 for a car that cost me €2500! I'm not going to waste my time with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

When I was getting quotes for my car the girl from Axa laughed at me too.

24, licence 5 years, 5 years named driving...

Bunch of messers to be honest; just gave my money to quinn instead, obviously axa werent interested in it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They are also a pain in the ass when it comes to claims. They take ages to pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I rang AXA about our insurance quote in August, told them I was getting it much cheaper from another company, the girl asked how much they had quoted me, I put the figure down by €150 from AXA's, she told me to hang on a min and came back to me and said they could do it for €175 less than the original quote :D.

BS them like they bs you, it's the only way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

at least Axa has somekind of customer service,

I remember I got a quote from Quinn insurance, then I was bying a car that day and tried to get the insurance in place. Of course those people in the Quinn did not bother to mention / check my driving license before, they said I need confirmation from Finland to accept the licence and I was bying the car that day,

so I went to Axa instead and got myself an insurance with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

I recieved my renewal notice and quote of axa earlier this year 740 yoyos thrid pary fire and theft (35yrs old full licence, full no claims bonus on a 1 litre corsa worth 2000 yoyos ) I wasn't driving the car as I had a company car so I didn't bother automaticaly renewing, as the expiry date neared, axa phoned my house constantly asking me to phone them saying that my own personal insurance facilatater would deal with me.
    Let it lapse a few days and them went looking a quotes on the www and I was getting quotes at around 500 yoyos even on the axa web site, so armed with this I phoned them, telling them of the offers and stating that I would not be interested in renewing my policy with them, they then asked me what the cheapest quote I got was, I said 450 yoyos and after a silent pause hey presto - fully comp 450 yoyos! nearly 300 yoyos difference and fully comp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I went to Axa for a quote when I first got my car a year ago (first car, was 21). Over €2700 for a car that cost me €2500! I'm not going to waste my time with them again.

Same as me, I think axa are ****.I got a quote for over 6k on a 1996 polo 3 yrs ago.I wont go near them again in my life.

Advertisement