Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eye exam

Options
  • 30-10-2007 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I'm having a bit of trouble with seeing stuff lately, getting v tired eyes and one has been twitching for 5 weeks now. Can anyone recommend where to get an eye exam? And how much does it cost? I've no medical card

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you have been paying prsi for the last two years you can get money back off your eye test.

Ring around and find out how much it will cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Go to an optician, tell them you're problems. They'll probably refer you to an eye clinic like the Mater or the Royal Vic Eye and Ear. I'm not sure how much they cost to be honest.

Alternatively, you can make an appointment with a privite eye clinic (most opticians can give you a list of them) but at €150 per session, they're a bit steep.

If you have health insurance, they should cover it. I know at least one of the cheapest VHI clinics will cover part of the cost of a private clinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Vision express is good

http://www.visionexpress.com/en/bookeyeexam.php

you can book an eye test on line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Specsavers €27 eye test. ( €15 i think before a certain time ). I used to see an opthamologist but he cost €180 a session and had less advanced equipment that Specsavers had

Advertisement