Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Improvisation

Options
  • 30-10-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

I went to a Contact Improvisation on Sunday, and it was absolutely fab :D!!! I loved it :D. In my opinion, it is a form of contemporary dance, and would definitely do it again. It involved climbing over and under people, rolling too - never knew my back could withstand so much weight without crumbling. On the down side, I am now covered in bruises, from all the rolling - never before have I had a bruise on my hip bone . The facilitator explained that when he first started doing it, he would be covered in bruises, but now hardly ever gets a bruise, as part of the process is figuring out how your own body moves and adjust a move slightly. I would definitely love to do this again, despite the bruises :rolleyes:.

I found that the movements were very powerful, where you found that connetion with another, to move accordingly, and listening to both yourself and your partner non-verbally.

Has anyone else tried it, and what were your experiences/thoughts on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

second day into my first year at the performing arts university im at, the 2nd year actors did a presentation of "where i am" kinda thing..what they got up to over the holidays and how they hope their year will go...one of the students wanted to do some contact improv. with one of the tutors to start his year....and to be honest? looks like something that should be done in the privacy of your own home LOL. i think it looks silly...

Advertisement