Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring a .com domain from eircom

Options
  • 30-10-2007 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

I wish to transfer a .com domain from eircom to hosting365. Hosting require the "EPP Authorisation key", which eircom say:

"The EPP code is automatically supplied when the new hosting company send the request through network solutions. A request goes to our implementations team who reply with the EPP code to the new hosting company. It is not something that DNS request can provide."

Hosting say this is incorrect and that the EPP code should be provided to the owner of the site. Looking at all the other hosting sites' FAQs I believeHosting365 are correct. I have another email sent to eircom and am awaiting a reply.

Has anybody any experience transferring from eircom and any advise on how to proceed

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Once you get the EPP code and Eircom unlock the domain then H365 can do the rest for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

I thought that okay, but THe problem is getting the EPP code. Has anyone had issues with eircom before on this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Registrars are SUPPOSED to release an EPP code upon request of the registrant.

I have never transferred to/from eircom, but other companies have willingly supplied EPP numbers to me

Advertisement