Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to get for xmas?

Options
  • 30-10-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so its a bit early for xmas yet but i'm off college for mid term so am bored and was thinking about looking up some stuff to get for my car for xmas....

I've a 99 UKDM Honda Integra Type R

she's completely standard apart from a crappy air filter on it which i intend to change to either a oem or if anyone can reccomend a good one that increases power and doesnt just make noise.....?

so was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for upgrades i should look into for her? sensible ones that cost no more than €500

cheers guys

Donal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I got HID's a few months ago and am delighted with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

AEM induction kits are well worth the €200-€300 quid they are.. how about a few jdm goodies??, carbon fibre front lip? new alloys, buddy club or the likes??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I got HID's a few months ago and am delighted with them.

I was thinking about HID's alright but they seem like alot of hassle to get for the UKDM integra and was wondering about the legality and such...

a carbon fibre front lip might be something to look into, dont generally like carbon fibre but a little lip might be nice :)

as for new alloys, i love the standard ones on it but they do look a bit small so was thinking about 17inch Oz supperleggeras but there just too expensive for me while i'm still at college

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Hid's would be a good mod that looks well and is functional

Hondas are queer when it comes to aftermarket filters,the standard setep seems the best inc a cold air feed but any open style filter will roar on a vtec honda,ive a spoon drop in in my standard airbox and theres no noise from it,i recently tried it with a J's "whale penis" induction kit and my god did it roar,torque is supposed to be increased low down with that said filter but i would like to quote arse dyno figures on it.

Carbon lips look nice but if you do any backroad driving or near ramps it's gonna end up cracked to bits.

To narrow it abit would you prefare exterior or interior or engine mods for the money

.Engine Mods :D;)

i need to get the outside cleaned up a bit, scratches and stuff but they dont really bother me so i think i'll just wait until i can afford a full respray :D

so yeh engine mods are the main thing, not after anything major just an idea of whats out there

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    .Engine Mods :D;)

i need to get the outside cleaned up a bit, scratches and stuff but they dont really bother me so i think i'll just wait until i can afford a full respray :D

so yeh engine mods are the main thing, not after anything major just an idea of whats out there

How about a full exhaust system?? de-cat?? heat wrapped manifold??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

You could pick up a decat for around €100,J's indiction is about €280 for the carbon model and you should see a gain from both.Favourable mod on a ukdm teg is the manifold from a Jdm spec itr too.

Engine torque dampers look good in the bay and are around €160

Dont bother with leads ect

eireal wrote: »
    decat for around €100
    J's indiction is about €280 for the carbon model
    manifold from a Jdm spec itr too.
    Engine torque dampers look good in the bay and are around €160

Yay, sounds good, looking to get the J's carbon induction, seen pics of it on a teg and looks lovely.

gonna look into the jdm spec manifold and the torque dampers too.

i'm not sure about the decat because it has to go through the nct yet and stuff

HID's are very easy to fit, one end of the ballast box just plugs into the existing plug for the bulb, and the other end of thebox has the new bulb connected to it. I fitted mine in 20 mins, and if you go for a pure white as opposed to blue colour, you won't get any bother from Plod.
    ftolights001hy2.jpg
    this is an identical model to mine on the right with standard bulbs
    4yts7ee.jpg

but can you get them for the high and low beams for the ukdm integra?

only two of the lights are on with the dims and then the two inner lights are for the main headlights.

would it look funny with just dimmed hids and halogen headlamps??

• Advertisement

I wouldn't use HID's for the main beams, you can just get bulbs that are very white and it'll look fine. you'd also need to change the parking lights for white LED's too or they'll look too yellow.
    HID's for front fogs are very cool too.

thats six front hid lights :)

anywhere you'd reccomend i go to look about them?

I make that 2 pairs of HID's and two white halogen bulbs, and 2 LED's for the parking lights.

I got mine from da ebay, bought a few sets and they're all still working! can send you a link.
    they work around around €90 per set including packaging

don't worry about power usage, HID's are lighter on power than normal bulbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

id get limo tints so i would'nt be seen in an integra....let alone having to drive it.

but if honda's are you cup of tea

also why not just buy some speakers and an amp... sony have tons of cheap 280 speakers and a 250 bas for around 500.... xploder series i think... nothing like good sound quality to make your car stand out

S.I.R wrote: »
    id get limo tints so i would'nt be seen in an integra....let alone having to drive it.

also why not just buy some speakers and an amp... sony have tons of cheap 280 speakers and a 250 bas for around 500.... xploder series i think... nothing like good sound quality to make your car stand out

your stereotyping is neither funny or correct

I make that 2 pairs of HID's and two white halogen bulbs, and 2 LED's for the parking lights.

I got mine from da ebay, bought a few sets and they're all still working! can send you a link.
    they work around around €90 per set including packaging

don't worry about power usage, HID's are lighter on power than normal bulbs.

yeh a couple of links would be good if you get a chance and thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

S.I.R wrote: »

dont mind him he loves puntos :eek: and just come in here to stir.

Back on topic, HID`s would be sweet on the teg allright,i would have said a drivers recaro but seeing as though you have 2(i hate you) ill have to think of something else

right so......
    id buy lots of small things
    -nice spoon drop-in and mod the oem box for a direct air feed
    -uprate the Brake pads for a fast street set (mintex-green stuff?)
    -takatas??:cool:
    -god im running out of ideas, ill be back **off to jdmu for inspiration**

projectgtr wrote: »
    right so......
    id buy lots of small things
    -nice spoon drop-in and mod the oem box for a direct air feed
    -uprate the Brake pads for a fast street set (mintex-green stuff?)
    -takatas??:cool:
    -god im running out of ideas, ill be back **off to jdmu for inspiration**

yeh i'll have to sort out the filter anyway and give it a cold air feed

theres good pads left on it so its green stuff pads for it when they run out.

what are takatas?

and yes, gimme more ideas :D

Id go for mintex pads mate, ive had both green stuff and mintex pads before and mintex win hands down!!

mmmmm takatas
    0509ht_04s+Honda_Civic_Dx+Seat_Harness_View.jpg

ok ok i got some more ideas
    -snap off steering wheel??
    -RAYS lugnuts? (uber expensive)
    -yellow your mid lights??normal_dc2202.jpg
    -Uprated intake manifold?

Guess im just listing my old wish list :D

• Advertisement

hids are the only real cosmetic change that interest me to be honest, takatas or yellow lights dont really do it for me :)

so many different options with manifolds and induction its hard to choose what to get

Yeah ya see your lucky, the type R is great out of the box allot of mods are only going to give you minimal gains the likes of an AEM (cold)induction kit with say a DC sports cat back will give you about +10 in HP and +5 to your Torque, allthough saying minimal the feel of the car will change dramaticaly.

Id focus on breathing mods first induction,intake mani,manifold, decat (not for everyone) then a cat back, then on to some cams......... where does it end????

so far ive a couple done myself, im leaving the cat alone (for now) just trying to read up and understand cams now :confused:

these are the last ones I bought, didn't get hit for import tax as the box is quite small, and they marked it as a toy.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H3-H4-H7-H11-9005-9006-9007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ003QQitemZ130169006704QQtcZphoto

this website will tell you what fitment bulb you need.
    http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

this is a thread of mine from an owners club which details fitting and has some pics of the actual kit and pictures of a black DC2 Si with them fitted too.
    http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5494&highlight=hid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

these are the last ones I bought, didn't get hit for import tax as the box is quite small, and they marked it as a toy.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H3-H4-H7-H11-9005-9006-9007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ003QQitemZ130169006704QQtcZphoto
    [/url]

they look pretty good, wouldnt mind a set for mine:rolleyes:

just out of interest tho, are these bi-xenon or just for low beam?

they're just for low beam. My car has seperate bulbs for low and high beam. There are bi xenon available as well, As I do mostly urban daytime driving, there's no need for bright main beams. also I have reservations about turning HID's on and off repeatedly.

Yellow fog lights FTW!!:D (favorite thing on my Glanza)
    Exterior mods id do:-HIDs
    - Carbon front splitter
    - Spoon mirrors (good luck finding them tho!)
    If your gonna spend the money on engine mods I agree with projectgtr, go with some breathing mods first!

maybe yellow bulbs, but those yellow lenses look cack IMO.

Yeah mine are yellow bulbs with clear lenses and they look the schiznit at night with the ice white headlight bulbs!! Depends if your into the JDM scene or not I suppose..

ah yellow doesn't do anything for me, hid's seem like a nice mod though, thinking about getting a strut brace for the rear too.

looking at it today the filter has a plastic tube coming up to it which is feeding it some cold air but i presume a proper one of those silver tubes would be better? must get a pic of the engine bay up tomorrow actually

• Advertisement

I've an Apexi induction on mine, I reckon a performance panel filter would give better all round performance, without the induction roar though. depends on what you want.

Advertisement