Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

recommended schools?

Options
  • 30-10-2007 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

hey
    need to start takin lessons asap
    i m in dublin 8 area so anyone can give me some hints on where to go
    i gave my details previously to rac but i just found out they closed down..
    i sent an application trough the ism website but they didnt get back to me
    and i have no time to be foolin around..
    so do you know of any places who i can go directly to speak in person with someone in dublin 8 or nearby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

j4vier wrote: »
    and i have no time to be foolin around.

I don't know anyone in Dublin 8, but as a general rule, you're much better off dealing over the phone for things like this. Emails and web forms usually get lost in the bottom of the in-box. At least a phone call gets you talking directly to someone who can assist.

So you could try calling the ISM on their South Dublin number (01 4975466 - as listed on their website). I had a few lessons with ISM (on the Northsde) a few years ago, and found the guy very good, but as they have a load of instrucors, that's not a recommendation as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

cheers for the advice will give that number a ring tomorrow
    how do you pay these ppl for example if you do 20 lessons? is it paid before or after you take the lessons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Caychadh

You can give your credit card details over the phone when booking or else pay the instructor in cash; but I don't know if they'd want to handle too much cash (ie. for a whole course.) If you drop into Dorset Street office you can pay in the office there by cash/cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

j4vier wrote: »
    hey
    i gave my details previously to rac but i just found out they closed down..
    and i have no time to be foolin around..
    so do you know of any places who i can go directly to speak in person with someone in dublin 8 or nearby?
    Its a long time since the RAC driving school closed down, so Mr Dempseys actions badly done or not are at least getting people moving to stop all their foolin around. Good to hear you are starting to take it seriously.
    Dont know where exactly you are, maybe Rathgar School of M might be near enough for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

;)
    well I'm not part of the category of provisional license holders who drive freely as if they have a full license, I just got my provisional license as a matter of fact and would like to get the full asap as all the jobs suitable for me are a bit out of the city
    anyway will look into that school too
    cheers for the info

• Advertisement
Advertisement