Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broombridge Trainstation

Options
  • 30-10-2007 6:28pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone give me directions for getting to broombridge heading up the Ratoath Road and over the humpback bridge (and dont tell me it is on broombridge road :p)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go here: http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm and under Rail Stations select

To: Ashtown Station

Ratoath Road is the one in between (you can zoom in).

or

To: Ratoath Road

Note that Ratoath Road stretches from Cabra to Ratoath, about 25km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

irishbird wrote: »
    Can anyone give me directions for getting to broombridge heading up the Ratoath Road and over the humpback bridge (and dont tell me it is on broombridge road :p)

Assuming your coming from the Cabra on the Ratoath Road, take the first right after the humpback bridge(O'reilly's bridge), go down Ballyboggan Road(the one with the new bus lane) and then about half way down take the right turn(opposite the small gates to the park), then travel upto the one way humpback bridge(called broombridge) and turn left at the bottom of the bridge, and there's your station.

If your travelling by car. you can't go over the 2nd humpback bridge as its one way and you can't really park your car there unless you park it in one of the Cabra housing estates further up nearby.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

great thanks, am going to start cycling to the train station and getting the train to work. Santa Claus is bring a bike for christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

great thanks, am going to start cycling to the train station and getting the train to work. Santa Claus is bring a bike for christmas :D
    I hope you have a folding bike that you'll be bringing onto the train.
    An unattended bike in Broombridge will wander, probably into the canal.

BTW, here is Broombridge Station on Google Maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

You might want to consider hiring a security guard to mind your bike when you're gone on the train:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

It always looks fairly bleak looking out the windows when the train is stopped at Broombrige. In winter when there's not as much vegetation around it reminds me a little of the ruins of Hue city as portrayed in Full Metal Jacket!

Advertisement