Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone problem

• 30-10-2007 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hello

I've signed up with 3 some months ago and they've sold me a dud Sony phone. This brick has a tendency to turn itself off around 8 - 15 times a day (yes I've counted) and cut me off in a lot of calls, this in itself would be no big deal if I could get a loan phone while they repair it (I have to be contactable for work purposes), however 3 either have a policy in action where they dont loan out phones and are lying to me when I call to request one from their stores and they tell me they're all out or else 3 phones are duds in general because in the 5 months I've been asking they have never had a loan phone available.

Anyway, has anyone else had this problem? Also if I cancel my direct debit for my bill with 3 and jump to another network is there anything they can do or have they (as I see it) broken their terms of service in selling me a dud and not providing me with a replacment when I pay for a full months service.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 --Wacker--

Diceicle wrote: »
    Hello

I've signed up with 3.
    That was your first/last mistake.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hello

I've signed up with 3 some months ago and they've sold me a dud Sony phone. This brick has a tendency to turn itself off around 8 - 15 times a day (yes I've counted) and cut me off in a lot of calls, this in itself would be no big deal if I could get a loan phone while they repair it (I have to be contactable for work purposes), however 3 either have a policy in action where they dont loan out phones and are lying to me when I call to request one from their stores and they tell me they're all out or else 3 phones are duds in general because in the 5 months I've been asking they have never had a loan phone available.

Anyway, has anyone else had this problem? Also if I cancel my direct debit for my bill with 3 and jump to another network is there anything they can do or have they (as I see it) broken their terms of service in selling me a dud and not providing me with a replacment when I pay for a full months service.

Any help appreciated.

Ok.

Firstly there is no sense in the statement that all 3 phones are duds. They come from the exact same place as everyone elses phones.

Secondly, If the 3 stores are telling you they are out of loan phones, why not simply request that they reserve the next one to come back in in your name?

If you are within the terms of your contract 3 can legally demand the remains of your line rental for the year. If you do not pay, there is the threat of legal action/ debt collectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have you tried another 3 store? Is it that they're out of stock or simply don't do them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hello

Any help appreciated.

does it only cut you off when the phone turns off??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Hi
    Thanks for the help so far.

@ davton
    does it only cut you off when the phone turns off??

No, the phone could be in my pocket and have key-lock on but will shut off or it could just be sitting on my desk and be off when I check it.
    @ ciaranfo
    Have you tried another 3 store? Is it that they're out of stock or simply don't do them?

I've tried Grafton st and Henry st neither of them ever have phones. I think its a policy put in place by 3 to not give out loaners for the time being, if this is the case I would rather be told rather than strung along being told "they're out" all the time. How many broken phones is there on this network??

@ SDooM
    Firstly there is no sense in the statement that all 3 phones are duds. They come from the exact same place as everyone elses phones.

Secondly, If the 3 stores are telling you they are out of loan phones, why not simply request that they reserve the next one to come back in in your name?

If you are within the terms of your contract 3 can legally demand the remains of your line rental for the year. If you do not pay, there is the threat of legal action/ debt collectors.

I've requested to be called when a loaner comes in a couple of times but the cr@ppy customer service just keeps on comin. As for the legal action, I realise there's a early contract severance fee but I'd try to avoid payin this due to the current phone situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

"How many broken phones is there on this network??"
    Maybe the store has 20 or 30 loan units. How many phones would they have sold? I don't think you can judge the quality of phones by the number of loan units it does or doesn't have available at any one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

ciaranfo wrote: »
    "How many broken phones is there on this network??"
    Maybe the store has 20 or 30 loan units. How many phones would they have sold? I don't think you can judge the quality of phones by the number of loan units it does or doesn't have available at any one time.

The fact remains that they seem to be lying to their customers as regards the availability of loan phones. They dont call back either despite the fact of requesting they call when a loan phone is available. So in the end the quality of phones they supply and how they deal with these problems all comes down to customer service. Should never have left Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Out of curiousity, I wonder if anyone has pushed 3 on the fact that they only allow one sim card to one phone. Technically if a phone you've gotten from them does fail, and they cannot offer a replacement, they are not providing a service.

*shrugs*

Just a thought.

Advertisement