Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing things after getting inked

Options
  • 30-10-2007 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

With regards to the fact that I am getting inked soon (this week/next week)I am wondering if certain things will affect my tattoo. It will be on either my forearm or leg. It will either be the size of a ten pence piece (if on arm) or maybe the size of a coaster (if on leg). The thing is I have band practice once a week (saturday night) and I am a drummer so I sweat a lot. Will this affect the tattoo? The other more serious thing is, on Saturday the 11th I will be seeing Destruction in Dublin (thrash gig) so would I be advised to wait until after this gig until I get it done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭aido182

not 100% sure but I was advised to avoid the gym for a week or two cos sweat is not good for a new tattoo. Not too sure why but I think its something to do with bacteria in the sweat causing a possible infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

well the main thing id be worried about is the exact size/location of the tattoo!if you go for on your leg,you could wash it before you go out,wrap it in cling film,to keep dirt out and when you get home,wash it again!you really have to be careful to look after it really well in the first 3-4 days after you get it,but thats what works for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

aido,sweet tattoo,i seen you in there before,i knew i reckonised it!

Thanks McFearless. How did your session go? Looks like a lot of work. Looks great so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Tbh i never bother taking breaks from things after getting tattooed once you keep it from drying out it should be fine.

• Advertisement

Back on this subject, does anyone know how long I should avoid swimming pools, saunas and stuff? I heard chlorine is not your friend if you have a new tattoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Caped Crusader

aido182 wrote: »
    Back on this subject, does anyone know how long I should avoid swimming pools, saunas and stuff? I heard chlorine is not your friend if you have a new tattoo

Wait until it's healed. Your artist will tell you all this stuff anyay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BoB the 7th

aido182 wrote: »
    M8 nothing is good for a fresh tat2 except hot soapy water. Some prep H and cling-film. Anything else and u can look forward to a faded tat2 sooner than u think. Sweat is a good thing for tats. I use the cling-film for a min of 4 days after the session. It stop's the scab from forming to soon. U want ur ink to get as far in as possible. The scab is ur skin healing itself and trying to remove the ink in the process. TLC for a minimum of 2 weeks is the best advice i can gv u. If not u will prolly need another session and go tru it all again...

Thanks Bob, I'll just have to be patient I guess

Advertisement