Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

• 30-10-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Really looking forward to this, out on the 9th right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

correct. its at the top of my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Apparently the campaign mode is only 6 hours long. alot of people up in arms about it, but I'm quite happy! I've very little time to be playing games as it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Any idea of whether it'll be a region-free title, might see if I can pick
    it up from Play-Asia if it is. Seems like I've about a half-dozen 'must-buy'
    games for the 360 to get before Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Many of you that played the beta will be wondering what "Prestige mode" is, basically when you reach level 65 online, you have the option to reset back to level one losing all your unlocked weapons, but you get a little icon beside your name, you can repeat this process ten times over to reach the highest rank....one for the hardcore I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

ShaneU wrote: »
    Many of you that played the beta will be wondering what "Prestige mode" is, basically when you reach level 65 online, you have the option to reset back to level one losing all your unlocked weapons, but you get a little icon beside your name, you can repeat this process ten times over to reach the highest rank....one for the hardcore I think.

Isn't there also a hardcore mode where you get no HUD at all and damage is much more realistic i.e. lethal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

grizzly wrote: »
    Isn't there also a hardcore mode where you get no HUD at all and damage is much more realistic i.e. lethal
    yeah thats different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

This is one for the MP anyway because it's so good judging by the beta that was out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

im in a bit of a dilemma between halo 3 and cod4, dont know which one to get! i have halo 1 and 2 and i think its a great game but cod looks amazing, help me pick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

For me, no question, CoD4 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

im in a bit of a dilemma between halo 3 and cod4, dont know which one to get! i have halo 1 and 2 and i think its a great game but cod looks amazing, help me pick :D
    COD 4 by miles. Better campaign, WAY better graphics, In my opinion better gameplay, more realistic, (I know Halo isnt meant to be life like as in our world, but i mean by physics and such).
    Also Halo's multiplayer is full of little american kids who are super good at it and do nothing but abuse you, COD's MP is a bit more mature.

• Advertisement

CyberWaste wrote: »
    COD 4 by miles. Better campaign, WAY better graphics, In my opinion better gameplay, more realistic, (I know Halo isnt meant to be life like as in our world, but i mean by physics and such).
    Also Halo's multiplayer is full of little american kids who are super good at it and do nothing but abuse you, COD's MP is a bit more mature.

nice one thanks, il be getting it on release day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

COD MP more mature? I wish. I came across slightly less American teens playing it, but the ones I came across were much worse (very fond of the words "f4g", "rape" and "n1gger").

I had to mute one guy (I hope they made that quicker btw) after he repeatedly told everyone how much he hates "that those f.cking Jews can't decide if they're a race or a religion, I f.ckin' hate them, man".

BloodSugarSex, they play very differently, what kind of games do you normally like playing online? Ideally you should get both :) then see which you prefer playing online. I'm having fun with Halo 3, but the COD4 beta was solid, it'll no doubt be great fun online.

koneko wrote: »
    BloodSugarSex, they play very differently, what kind of games do you normally like playing online? Ideally you should get both :) then see which you prefer playing online. I'm having fun with Halo 3, but the COD4 beta was solid, it'll no doubt be great fun online.

i play racing and football games mostly, anything really, il probably end up getting halo eventually, since i got the 360 im just impulse buying games all the time

koneko wrote: »
    COD MP more mature? I wish. I came across slightly less American teens playing it, but the ones I came across were much worse (very fond of the words "f4g", "rape" and "n1gger").

I had to mute one guy (I hope they made that quicker btw) after he repeatedly told everyone how much he hates "that those f.cking Jews can't decide if they're a race or a religion, I f.ckin' hate them, man".

You'll still get assholes, but because it's more tactical I'd say the average age will be older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I preferred CoD4 more but that is because a) I love class based FPS games, BF2, TF2 and this

and b) I dislike when it takes 2 clips of ammo to down an enemy

Halo 3 single player is class and a vast improvement in the series. Multiplayer is fun with friends but I don't like playing multiplayer games with people I don't know as usually it ends up as koneko has described

Vegeta wrote: »
    I dislike when it takes 2 clips of ammo to down an enemy

For sure, I don't like Halo for this – feels like I'm shooting a water pistol, not a gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Apparently the campaign mode is only 6 hours long. alot of people up in arms about it, but I'm quite happy! I've very little time to be playing games as it is!

interview with Grant Collier, Infinity Ward’s president on Teamxbox
    He recommends people play it on Veteran for the propper experience
    Grant Collier: You know what? I really want them to play the game on Veteran [difficulty]—for the hard-core gamer, we have tailored Veteran for him.
    I’m a hard-core gamer, I play the game on Veteran, and it takes me probably about twenty hours to get through that on Veteran. I could choose to do it on Easy and just push through…and do it in like four-and-a-half or five hours. That’s not a gaming experience that I’m looking for. When guys are shooting at me and I’m running up and stabbing them in the face, because they’re so inaccurate, Veteran is the way to do it. With the achievement points, we’ve ensured those people who really care about those types of things are going to be having the gaming experience we want them to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

For sure, I don't like Halo for this – feels like I'm shooting a water pistol, not a gun.

My number one arguement with a lot of FPS games. 90% of the weapons are crap they are suppression devices, fire them and the enemy will duck for cover, it wont hurt them very much but they will get angry and shout things at you.

CoD4 or R6: Las Vegas, now there is proper damage and stopping power. 2 to 3 bullets in the chest and its lights out.

Funny I like Team Fortress 2 also but it does suffer badly from the need to mill your opponent with a hail of lead to kill them. I suppose its a different thing when all the classes are so weird and odd. They make it work I suppose

I LOVED the CoD4 multiplayer beta and will be buying it on release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You'll still get assholes, but because it's more tactical I'd say the average age will be older.
    Tactical assholes? :)

Looks great, though... So many games, so little time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks great, though... So many games, so little time.

thats my main complaint too. guess its better than so much time, so little games :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Halo 3 was good but not what everyone was claiming it would be.Call of Duty 4 is going to be something special.When the beta ended I wondered what the hell do I do now?Roll on next Friday please!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

region free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

ntlbell wrote: »
    region free?

Apparently so but according to Play-asia, the NTSC-J version won't be released until December. If you to to wait, you might save a few bob.

But in my opinion, it's not worth it for the stand-out title that COD4 is going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes it is region free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

This game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Played the first mission and it's savage!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Is there a demo of COD4 on XBL marketplace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Anyone know where (bricks & mortar as can't wait for it!) will be selling this cheapest on Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

starman100 wrote: »
    Apparently so but according to Play-asia, the NTSC-J version won't be released until December. If you to to wait, you might save a few bob.

But in my opinion, it's not worth it for the stand-out title that COD4 is going to be.

read in another forum this morning that play-asia is now preparing to ship this. Region free aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Just got an email today saying its been shipped, I wasn't sure if it'd be region free but I took the risk anyway!

Advertisement