Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

mcgovern wrote: »
    I still don't get all the complaints about not having all weapons unlocked at the start.
    A few days ago I unlocked the G36C.
    I was playing for a few hours, and did not use it for all matches. At the end of the session I had something like 300 kills with it, I think it took 2 matches to get the red dot :confused:

people are assuming they are better than the standard weapons. I just don't find that to be the case at all, is there anywhere on line with details of the weapon stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I still don't get all the complaints about not having all weapons unlocked at the start.
    A few days ago I unlocked the G36C.
    I was playing for a few hours, and did not use it for all matches. At the end of the session I had something like 300 kills with it, I think it took 2 matches to get the red dot :confused:

Yeah, I don't get it. Alot of what keeps the game engaging is coming back to unlock more stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

fellow boardsies, the guys over at 360Gathering have posted details of the COD4 singles tournament last night. its kicking off soon.

http://www.360gathering.com/index.php?board=34.0

You register for the site here:
    http://www.360gathering.com/index.php?referredby=8

Quite a few of them (boardsies included) are online most evenings anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I got playing Hardcore mode last night, accepted a friend invite. However, I noticed that I couldn't pick up any of the re-spawning weapons from inside the circle and I got stuck with the Skorpion for the round :(.

Any reason for this (I'm only level 12)? Am I missing some key press or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Thankfully the M21 is available at Rank 7, it's such a good weapon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I got playing Hardcore mode last night, accepted a friend invite. However, I noticed that I couldn't pick up any of the re-spawning weapons from inside the circle and I got stuck with the Skorpion for the round :(.

Any reason for this (I'm only level 12)? Am I missing some key press or something?

that isn't hardcore mode you're talking about, Old school mode is the one where you pick up the weapons from the circles, all you do is hold x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Anybody here manage to rescue the v.i.p on veteran in the epilogue level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Anybody here manage to rescue the v.i.p on veteran in the epilogue level?

yea it was some pain in the arse though such a hard level

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I managed to get it done 4th or 5th time round (probably fluke), it's probably the one level you have to go all rambo on. I grabbed the guys uzi that came out of the jacks, went nuts with that, grabbed a shot gun and took most of the others out with that by gunning and running. I also got my Four of a Kind achievment here with the uzi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

played cod4 mp last night for first time on mates xbox, my god that game is amazing...

and i dont agree with the hype of the weapons, same is in rainbow six i think? and bf2.

I found it no problem dispatching "highly" ranked players.

I find in halo teamslayer slightly unbalanced. I'm a good player and have gotten skill really fast, i was level 27 at like sergeant or something. I find now when i go on i get a poorly skilled team mates, while im playing against very skilled opponents :(

and because of ****ing nat i cant play with mates

Does NAT settings effect cod4 at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I agree COD 4 is much better than Halo to play.
    Don't think NAT effects it at all.

BTW you can't play ranked matches against mates in Halo 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Is this still worth buying even though I'm not on Xbox Live? I heard the multiplayer is really where its at with this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Moiph - I'm not big into multiplayer, only played about an hour or so of CoD4 online, but it's definitely worth getting for single player if you like the FPS genre. The story is decent, the levels are fun, there's good variation so it doesn't feel like your just playing the same thing in a different setting. It's also very replayable - four difficulty settings, and Veteran is damn hard. plus once you've played through you open up the Arcade setting that adds another dimension to the levels you've already played. I'd say if you enjoyed Gears single player you definitely won't be disappointed with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I loved CoD2 and played through CoD3 as well, so I think I'll buy it. Plus Xtravision are doing an offer where you get Saving Private Ryan on dvd when you purchase it. Sounds good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Moiph wrote: »
    I loved CoD2 and played through CoD3 as well, so I think I'll buy it. Plus Xtravision are doing an offer where you get Saving Private Ryan on dvd when you purchase it. Sounds good :)

Bit of a strange choice of movie to go with it... surely black hawk down or something like that would be more apt.
    It's an awesome game anyway, well worth getting for the SP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Moiph wrote: »
    Is this still worth buying even though I'm not on Xbox Live? I heard the multiplayer is really where its at with this game

yea it is but why dont you just get xbox live?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Vegeta wrote: »
    ..... is there anywhere on line with details of the weapon stats
    Links can be found on Charlie Oscar Delta site.
    Good weapon comparison page
    and
    http://mce.callofduty.se/forum/index.php?topic=114.0

Not sure how true to life they are but hey it's only a game.

cheers dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

You're welcome good sir.(will still shoot you in the back though:p:p)
    I must give that ground war mode a shot later. Leveling up is coming a bit slow just playing team deathmatch or free for all.

You're welcome good sir.(will still shoot you in the back though:p:p)

better than stabbing me i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Ground War all the way for me...

Got the surround sound set up, makes such a difference, hearing those footsteps behind you, and the realisation you're about to be knifed! And a new fancy tv coming this weekend, cant wait!

@ mise

what surround sound set up do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

its the dolby 5.1 i think.. not really in the know about these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

mise wrote: »
    Ground War all the way for me...

Got the surround sound set up, makes such a difference, hearing those footsteps behind you, and the realisation you're about to be knifed! And a new fancy tv coming this weekend, cant wait!

there is nothing like the roar of those rpg's going over your head i tell ya, got it set up with my hd projector and its ab fab;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

It only takes, what, 75 kills I think to get the red dot? Thats usually 4 or 5 games for me so not a major disadvantage.
    I almost exclusively use the M4 with red dot which I unlocked on my first day playing, and you can always pick up other people's weapons.

P.S. I wouldnt worry about red dot on AK47, its one of the weapons where its wasted.

think its only 25...

mise wrote: »
    its the dolby 5.1 i think.. not really in the know about these things.

Sorry, I ment what brand. How much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Anyone know if the servers are playin up again? Cannot get any game online. Keeps putting me in empty rooms for the last couple of days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Don't think the servers are down, have been playing a bit over the weekend without any trouble...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

played all weekend, last night was a bit buggy but still well playable, rest of the weekend no complaints

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Anyone try Mile High Club on veteran?Finally completed it myself last night after hours and days of trying.I will certainally appricate from now on how difficult a real life storming situation is.

Advertisement